www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Of the following discs, which would you recommend for a 250 ft straight shot?

• DX Gazelle
  • 150g Star Teebird
  • KC Pro Roc
  • Pro-D Buzzz

Also, why would you choose the golf disc that you chose?

Thanks for any advice

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know the answer for me, but I would tailor my answer to the person who needed help.

Personally, I'd use either the Roc or the Buzzz, depending on if I was carrying Discraft or Innova mids that day.  Both discs will get out to to the 250' range nicely with good control.  I like watching them sit down.  The 150g Teebird is a good choice for someone with a little less arm, you don't have to throw it as hard to get it there.  Not sure about the gazelle as I've never thrown one.

So, the answer is, depends on who's throwing.

Yea I got to agree with Chris.

For me, Now a Buzzz, I got a couple of real long birdies and an ace to prove it.

Now a year ago, when I couldn't throw as far, I would say the teebird. However just because its easier to get there does not make it the best choice. A disc that light will be an issue in any wind. Plus risk of Skip would be greater. 

I agree it's up to the individual and throwing style, but the Buzz is my choice. I'm amazed at the accuracy of the Buzz every time I toss it. 250' is about the max range for me with the Buzz and still maintain accuracy.

06 C.E. ROC.....or any Roc for that matter

id choose the roc cause its my go-to disc for almost anything..except scoobies...(it didnt work out well, carded a 10 )....its one of teh straightest and most predictable discs in my bag

R O C
roc or buzz, unless you can't physically though that far with them. But those are certainly the mis-range discs for this scenario. The other are drivers.
I'm going with the roc if you can throw one 250'.   They're dead straight.
Like others, I am opting off of the list you have.  I use a CE Aero.  It is amazingly straight.  Since they are no longer in production, a Pro Aero would come the closest.
Opps...........You didn't have this disc listed. I use a Beat Dyed Champion Viking !
Z Buzzz. Because I don't have any of the ones you listed.
I would say the Buzzz it will hold any line that you put it on and has very little fade at the end.  Roc would have also been accepted.
When in doubt, Roc Up The Middle!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968