www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

got mine today! finally after 5 months of playing, on a par three somewere about 200 feet long with a huge power line tower right in the middle of the fairway! had no video but did have a witness

Views: 13

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I do.  It was purely accidental.  I didn't even know what direction the basket was in.  I threw way left as there's an alternate spot there.  My Roc flipped, got a wind lift over a small tree, got slammed down again after the tree, and apparently it went in.  I asked my friend where it was.  He said 'It's in the basket.'  I said 'IT WAS OVER THERE?!?!'.  It was so windy I didn't even hear it hit.
wow, crazy but also very nice!
Yeah, my eyesight sucks so I often can't see the baskets even at my home course and I know every socket in that park.
I got my first on the day after Thanksgiving about 8 years ago.  It was about 2 months after I started playing and we were at the little course at Pioneer High School in Ann Arbor.  I hit #7 with my leopard and I was pretty psyched. 
Then, 2 holes later, I aced #9 as well.  Both holes were only about 150 ft, but still pretty cool for a rookie.  The funny thing is that later I discovered that there was an Ace Race tournament going on at Brown Park a couple miles away at the same time.  I guess I was on the wrong course.

congrats on the ace!

i remember my first ace... 14th hole at Hiestand Park overlooking the beautiful city of Madison. i was pretty new to the game and was just learning how to hyzer flip. well this one was perfectly executed on the 280 slight downhill with my star sidewinder.

very memorable considering the scenery and the feeling of performing a shot that i had worked on.

good luck to all those who are still aimlessly chucking!

1998, Purple Comet, Hole #1, Tuscawilla Park, Daytona Beach. # 56 last night, Reed Canal Park, South Daytona.

Nope!!!! HAsn't happen yet!!! It will!!!!

Damn you , all you acer's!!!!!!

Congrats on your first ace, my 1st is the one I remember the most.

It was hole #1 at Woodland Mound just east of Cincinnati. It's 225', wide open with a hill behind the basket. It was windy, I threw an XD on a slight hyzer and the wind grabbed it. It bounced up about 10+ feet then back down 10 feet then back up and then....it seemed like it had a radar on the disc because it angled down left and dove right into the chains.

Yup, I remember.

It was at Tuscawilla Park in Daytona Beach.

Hole 14, the basket was placed on the small island 421 feet from the "A" pad.

Jamie, Shawn, and Norbert were there to see the event.

After confirming the Ace, they carried me on their shoulders yelling "Vic is the Man" to the next tee pad.

Oh wait a minute, that was a dream I had.

I have to agree with Hippy.  I haven't got an Ace yet.

I would like to say congratulations to you for getting one.

Maybe one day this old dog will learn a new trick, and have his day.

1996...blind hole at Munster Community Park in Indiana...witnessed by Dan Pastore owner of ABC Discs
Hole # 1 riverfront in roseburg, or.my buddy asked if I had ever thrown a starfire, which I hadn't........290 feet on a slight hyzer and I had my first ace.

After almost two years of playing hit my first one at Blue Angle Park, Pensacola FL. Hole 3 on the Oaks course.

It was a somewhat blind hole around 200ft, decided to throw a pro katana as hard as I can. Some how it slammed the basket with no chains and stuck. Sad thing is nobody knew I aced until we walked around the corner. Got it with 2 holes to go in a two round tourney. Worth $75 on ace pot money.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968