www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

got mine today! finally after 5 months of playing, on a par three somewere about 200 feet long with a huge power line tower right in the middle of the fairway! had no video but did have a witness

Views: 20

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not to be a total bastard but I'm getting pretty tired of...

"I've been playing 45 minutes and I finally got my first ace today"

or

"I've been playing a year now and have 25 aces"

My first ace came just last month after 25 years and thousands holes played. I have hit chains a lot but they never seemed to stick.

Very cool, almost cold rainy Augusta GA morning at Pendleton King Park in the fall of 1993. The old layout, #4 came from the street across an open area to the basket some 260 or so feet away. Pulled a yellow 164g Discraft Tracer (wind at my back) and ripped one a little over eye level with a bit of right to left... nothing but chains. I was alone and was positive I could never confirm it without a witness. Two holes later, from across the street, came a shout... "NICE ACE!"... it was a fellow club (Augusta Disc Golf Club) member who had witnessed my Ace from the top of the hill. It made the club newsetter the next month, confirmed... Will never forget it.

Here, here... I agree. I started playing Disc Golf in San Diego, in 1978. My first ACE... (read the reply below) was in 1993, some 14 years later... (and I played religiously during the 80's)
Been so long ago.  Wham-o Red 165 gram lid. Mid 70's.
The first ace is very special. But somehow the fourth ace is what I need right now. I didn't even see my first one go in because the basket was behind a tree. But I ran down to the basket to retrieve it.

May 11th, 2006 Hole 12 on the Red Course at Lemon Lake.  I flicked a two time Barry Schultz Beast with hyzer, it went left of the two trees in the middle of the fairway, then faded straight into the basket.  I was alone, of course, and in the middle of an otherwise lousy round.  Later, I lent the disc to a friend and he threw it into the middle of the lake, oh well...

Dankwardt Park, Burlington IA, about the 5th time I played, so I got it on blind luck.  163 foot forehand with an old beat up bottom stamp DX Teebird.  I already knew I liked DG, but that ace really hooked me on the game, big time.  Took me about 3 years before I hit my 2nd ace.

(spelling police...it's their, not there)

2007, first year playing, skip ace on #15 at Oxbow in Dunlap, IN.  One witness. 

Yup. I am with you Hippy!

And CONGRATS on your 1st ACE Austin!

I remember mine about 4 years ago on a short 180' par 3 using a "Lightning # 2-Flyer. I just got my second ace about a month ago on a 256' par 3 using an "Innova Kite". What a fantastic feeling.

Congratulations on your first ace, and hope you have many more aces to come.

Three years into this crazy sport.  First hole, first throw in our monthly tourney. So very excited.   First ace and a money ace at that.  ESP Surge
I'm with ya Fred, got my 1st one last month after 24 years and hundreds of rounds played.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968