www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok so ive tried them all it seems like, so many people have told me to throw a rock, buzz, mako, ect... But I just simply cant throw them well. I upshot with putter within say 120 feet. but when it comes to anything over that I know I need to throw a midrange. I learned to throw my katana for tight window shots. and my wraiths for anything else buy over hand shots. Ive tried several kind of grips and nouthin works. I just grip lock like crazy with them.

Anybody got anyother ideas, other then practice cause I do plenty of that ;b

I think it has something to do with the deep rim of the disc but IDK.....

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

2 words...

Object Golf
catch does help, and spin the fuck out of it. Flick it good and it should fly for you
well what seems to be the issue when it actually comes to throwing it? You said you grip lock it but aside from the disc shooting right(assuming you throw RHBH) what else does it do? does it turn over or does it hyzer on ya? i had the same problem with my buzzz but i got the hang of it after only throwing buzz for a few rounds
You don't have to throw mids...if they all suck to you...Club up!! There's nothing wrong with using your drivers for shorter controlled shots. Try a fairway driver of less stability maybe even lighter weights for turnover mid range shots.
Goodness there is some bad advice in here.
If you are not throwing a Buzzz or a Roc, you're simply not throwing!

KC pro Roc are good and so are elite-x buzzz when you first start out or are trying to find a good mid. one thing that seems to be a problem for some is that they do not understand how hard they truly can throw a mid. It's like ball golf. You swing your 5 iron with the same pace as your PW, but the design is not as far as a result.

Mids are less aerodynamic and require to be thrown hard to go where you want them to go. Of course sometimes you need to throw with touch. So screw a mid and throw a FLX Challenger.
the best midrange ever is an innova shark any weight they are the most consistant 100% of the time i can count on my shark!
Well, what advice do YOU have to offer?
At this point, it sounds as if this problem is stuck in your brain...if I could climb into your head when you grab a mid I might hear a voice that says 'don't shank it' or 'damn, I can't throw this thing'. Only you can fix the issue.

I love my mids--65% of my bag is various mids--but I like the advise of playing a round with one mid--don't take any other discs--play old school. I do this regularly with a beat DX Roc--and my game improves a bit each time.

Don't overthink the shot and don't strangle the damned thing; slow down on the walk-up; throw it with an intentional hyzer if you can--don't worry about a flat angle--one of the beauties of a good mid is that it will hold whatever line you put on it--so get used to the consistency.
Try dropping your elbow down below the disc and keeping it close to your body. Good luck!
The advice I would give is "there is no such thing as griplock." You might want to read my advice for the non athlete at http://www.discraft.com/team_raley.html
There is a lot of good advice on all the guys pages and at least you know what kind of player you are getting advice from.
Everyone is different so telling you what to throw is out. I can say I suffered from the same thing and the Lat 64 core was a quick cure...it is comfortable in MY hand...but that doesn't mean it'll work for you. It does have a WAY shallower rim than Buzz, Roc, Comet etc...so it might work for you as well.

Also consider taking a minor % of horsepower off and just concentrate on flat, straight release.

I still shank 'em...just way less LOL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968