www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am wondering why people leave their litter all over disc golf courses? I installed a new course at Black Butte Lake (a Federal Park outside Orland CA) last Friday (12/18/09). Yesterday when I went out to meet some Rangers to discuss how things are going so far, I picked up a 6 PACK of Natty Ice, 1 Coors can, a 2 liter soda bottle and an empty bottle of JAGER! All on the first 9 holes! What's up with that? How is it that disc golfers have so little respect for themselves, our courses and other park users? You would think it would be otherwise, but again and again it is proven not to be the case...

Any thoughts?

Tags: Garbage, idiots, trash

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i really dont thin japan would be much different. japn has a huge problem with air pollution and they have lose regulations on this like that so i dont think they would be any different. however it should happen anywhere.
I think it stupid when i go out to a course and they is stuff all over and all the bums have dumped out all the trash cans on the course to find cans that respectful golfers have thrown a way. it would be nice to have one can for recyclables so if a bum does come by he doesnt just dump the trash everywhere. i know not many states have to worry about things like that but it happens in MI a lot because cans are 10 cents. i also live in a college town so when a bunch of kids who dont go out discing more then once in a great while they dont care about the course and they destroy all of the trash can that are there by kicking them in.
Most of the courses i played in Michigan had thrash everywhere knollwood park in Kalamazoo was the worst almost unplayable and a lot of the parks in the area were the same way
Most of the courses in this area are very clean, Rolling Hills, Hudson Mills, Kennsington, Willow, Independence lake, The ponds. There is only one course particularly that I am thinking about and if you are from the area you should know exactly what course I am talking about.
i don't understand your logic on locking up to prevent bottles and cans being recycled. you would rather they be sent to the landfill . makes no sense to me!
i'm from the Toledo area so I make it up that way once a year or so and yes most of the course in the area your speaking of were well kept
Hopefully at Knollwood...the new regime is going to take care of that problem. In other courses in the area, I find trash cans not dumped could be the problem for trash on the ground. I find alot of coursees have trash cans provided, but dont' dump the trash that's in them. Possibly the reason for accumulated trash elsewhere on the course. JMO.
K.
laziness. They figure that someone else will do it. Which we do.
I feel ya! I have a new course that we installed this year. I go out every Sunday morning and pick up trash. The normal types of trash don't bother me as much as the beer cans, as this is a no alchohol park and we are trying to coexist with the other park users. I though about this a while, and have begun to use my range finder. I can sit WAY back from most all of the holes and watch who is throwing stuff on the ground. I have chewed on two different players that I caught. I told them to go back and pick it all up or I could let the police tell them do it and they can get a bonus of a $97 fine with loss of park use. I'm just a firm believer that if you can carry it in, you can damn sure carry it out. I know I sound like a Richard Cranium but I've worked hard on that course for them to be able to play it and I want them to at least act like they respect it.
Start using the video function on your cell phones and turn those suckers in.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968