www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am wondering why people leave their litter all over disc golf courses? I installed a new course at Black Butte Lake (a Federal Park outside Orland CA) last Friday (12/18/09). Yesterday when I went out to meet some Rangers to discuss how things are going so far, I picked up a 6 PACK of Natty Ice, 1 Coors can, a 2 liter soda bottle and an empty bottle of JAGER! All on the first 9 holes! What's up with that? How is it that disc golfers have so little respect for themselves, our courses and other park users? You would think it would be otherwise, but again and again it is proven not to be the case...

Any thoughts?

Tags: Garbage, idiots, trash

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was talking to one of the guys who cleans up parks for the city in this area and I cant repeat here some of the stuff he see's/finds in our public parks. pretty sure it's not all disc golfers . but yeah, it amazes me also.

what really kills me is when I see trash 10 feet from a trash can. ??!?!?!?!
Some people just aren't happy unless they're f#@*#k@*g something up for the rest of us. They impress their friends by tossing their garbage all over then laugh about it. Don't try to understand it, concentrate on busting them.
We have several courses in the Milwaukee area, there are certain courses where people just think that someone will pick up my garbage, and those people are usually the "One Disc Chuckers", they really don't play for the sport, more just to get out and drink and what ever (they are also the tree destroyers, if a branch or bush is in the way, they will break the branch, thinking there are doing everyone a favor). My home course we bring garbage bags and pick up as we play, and disc golfers notice that and do not litter as much. So, if see someone littering, talk to them, if you see litter pick it up. And state the Motto "Leave the course a little bit cleaner"!
"keep hittin the chains"
DD
These are people that never learned respect for others property, and usualy not thier own either.
Aren't idiots a bummer?
We are all idiots to think that sticking it (trash) in the can is the solution.
Stop the "PLASTIC from Bottles!"
Use a stainless steel bottle, reuse.
I think its a conspiracy of people who hate disc golf!
TED has some awesome videos. hadn't seen that one. thanks :)
people just don't have any respect, that is what it boils down to! they honestly don't care.
Go to the post made in china
DGRUS-china
You'll be amazed, next time you buy something from Walmart....
Here in Michigan most courses it seems to be not such a problem, but there is one particular course that you would think is built on a trash dump.
I have found that the people who are leaving all the trash on the ground are mainly just the people who are out there to party and get a tan. They don't give a crap about the course.
They are also the people who vandalize the course all to hell.
It is hard what to say to do about it you just gotta hope the others who are playing around them look out for the course when you see people acting a fool.
Its a shame isn't it??

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968