www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

so bagg taggs rite !!! ive played with golfer that say it's just a tagg but when you have a high number like over 30 and your playin #2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 .and you beat the low number your stoked rite showin your friends look i went from #40 to #3 so why don't they matter ??????????????? i moved from modesto california to s. carolina . when i move here i started with # 44 and now my tagg is #9 and i'm happy with that but i still want the #1 tagg .

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Minnesota disc golfers like bag tags... but it's not for everyone... some decline to purchase them. I tend to forget to exchange them when I win so it's not at the top of my mind once a round is completed... and get sometimes razed if I don't think about exchanging them when I lose. In 2009.... I think I will just sell them in my role as the MFA West Metro ZC (got 25 to sell) and forgo having one myself to have one less thing to worry about.

The reason why bag tags are so important from my perspective is that they bring in roughly $1000 to our MFA Club. We sell 250 (I think that's the number) per year. On the day of the MFA Fall Membership they're sold at a $5 price and then it goes to $6 after that.

MFA President Dave (Coach Dave) Pennington has decided that for the 2009 season the MFA will sell the bag tag to our Disc Golf retailers and Pay-to-Play courses for $5 so it provides a decent incentive for those sales.

It's better to play against the course with the expectations of what you wanted to accomplish. That way you're always pushing yourself versus coasting against someone who isn't playing so well.
The haters of Bag Tags could never find their way to a good one....otherwise...it's great way to compete without having to give up any of yer stash....greenbacks....well....u know. It's fun to collect em too.
I enjoy bag tags, and i think it puts pressure on the guys and gals with the low numbers (1, 2, 3, 4 etc) to hang onto them. Me at number 13 or 16 has nothing to lose, so i go after them, and sometimes i catch them!

Thats half the fun, but I think playing for tags on a handicap system would be better... we've tried personal bests on the particular course you're playing, and then you add or subtract strokes based on your PB.
some clubs offer points for tags adn there is a "pay-out" at the end of the year, some clubs dont do anything wiht them, just bragging rights so maybe this is why it doesn't matter. Our club is the latter and I have decided (after carrying #1 most of the year) its added pressure in tournaments. Can I win, can I get a "hot round" can I keep my tag or tag up, just added pressure so I am getting to the point where it doesn't matter.uch compitition can ruin the fun.
Personally I like the bag tag challenge. Nothing gives me more satisfaction then to beat one the guys and take his tag. This year I was the first female in our club to hold the #1 tag. Though I have to admit I only held on to it for a couple of weeks, the point is I STILL HAD IT!!!!!.

There is only one other female in our club and we hardly ever end up at the same tournament on the same day. So when I pay I automatically win for my division. By having the bag tags it at least gives me something to play for and keep up my competitive spirit.
I'm a member of a crew and we do the "bag tag". smaller number the tag, better you are in a crew. We give them out after a league play once a week. We can then challenge eack other and come back with pride for beating another pearson.
Mike said:
I would hunt you down like cattle and make you play for it hahah. Odds are you wouldn't take my number one tag, and if ýou did and never showed up to defend it I would take it as a sign of weakness.

Mike,

I was referring to SteveO's original post. Not yours....but if I am ever there I will take it.
Well then bring it Booby Hill! LMAO

Chad Knight said:
Mike said:
I would hunt you down like cattle and make you play for it hahah. Odds are you wouldn't take my number one tag, and if ýou did and never showed up to defend it I would take it as a sign of weakness.

Mike,

I was referring to SteveO's original post. Not yours....but if I am ever there I will take it.
I like the bag tag idea. It's a challenge. The tag is a 'trinket' but they are unique to your club & I like going to other cities & showing off my club tag. I enjoy looking at the cool designs other clubs come up with. The big thing is they raise money for the club. We had 100+ members x $15.00 so it was a good chunk of change. Plus we always tie in a big end-of-year bag tag tourny & party so it's a good thing.
No real consensus here in this forum. Can't decide whether or not I want them. I like to enjoy carefree playing, but its also nice to enjoy being the victor.
Where I live, everyone I know has a tag. 99.9% of the time when I play it is for a tag. Tags are the running total of the best 200 disc golfers in my area. We turn them in and redistribute them at eash month end, pdga, event and after every round. I like 'em.
We tried the one on one challenge and at tournaments every club member on your card had an automatic challenge. This year we are putting all tags in at the beginning of the tourney and giving them back out at the end of the day. Four clubs offer monthly tournaments, so we have one each weekend. This gives us something to fight for. I may finish fifth in the Advanced division for the tourney, but I want to get as close to the #1 tag as I can get. Whatever gets your competitive fires stoked is really what matters. I am proud to hold a tag, whatever the number, because it advertises my club and shows we come to compete.....even for a small peice of metal.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968