www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

so bagg taggs rite !!! ive played with golfer that say it's just a tagg but when you have a high number like over 30 and your playin #2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 .and you beat the low number your stoked rite showin your friends look i went from #40 to #3 so why don't they matter ??????????????? i moved from modesto california to s. carolina . when i move here i started with # 44 and now my tagg is #9 and i'm happy with that but i still want the #1 tagg .

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

bag tags dont matter.
We have bag tags in Hawaii. Numbers 1 - 40 at the moment. However, since we do not have a true following, some of the numbers go MIA for months at a time. But its a good thing to have, builds internal competition within the club.
A bag tag is what you make of it. It is not a handicapped league tournament, or field leveling "game" giving every participant an equal opportunity at achieving the "top spot". It is probably best described as a year long tournament, that at its conclusion, will give you an idea of where your ability ranks among all club members. I personally love the bag tags because they give me an opportunity to play competitively without committing a whole weekend to a tournament( My wife and kids really enjoy that, or not!) Long live the San Diego Aces (200 strong) and long live bag tags!
Your bag tag # doesn't matter. What matters is what is done with the money raised from the sales of the tags. I've seen guys trade tags over a bowling match, but the best was the two guys who leg wrestled for the lowest tag. Now THAT was entertaining!
Hey steve it's because he or she as the last tag or no tags. Tags are a great way to play with alot people and have something lose at the same time.
I had the rare opportunity to look at the revered #1 tag once but I had to look away as it burned my eyes. I doubt it will ever be in my possession. We actually have a player in our club who has a real shot of winning the #1 tag anytime he plays and normally has one of the top 10 tags but he is so easy going and laid back that it does not seem to bother him if he has #1 or #80 at club events. On the other hand, when this player plays sanctioned PDGA events, he is competitive as anyone I have ever seen and has won numerous events.

Look at this and tell me it doesn't matter. It's beautiful
We have two divisions of tags A & B or Gold and Silver, it makes it alot funner for the novice or B players. We also use the point system with a weekly bag tag event. Trophies are awarded at the end of the season. I have found that playing for Tags is much more intense than playing for cash. The only problem with holding a low tag is you can never just play a casual round, which is a problem for many golfers but myself I want every round to be competitive. Thats one reason I love the game so much.
This is our first year for bag tags at our course and sofar we have raised enough money to replace four anchors and a pole on one of the baskets. We sell them for 20.00 each coupled with membership, to raise funds for course management / improvement. They also exempt you from paying 2.00 course fee during the mini every Saturday, so if you play at least ten weeks out of the year, they're free anyway.
CASH for focus.
I do not want your keychain, your numbered oddity or your huggy dolly.
I want your money.
(See the little period after the word money?) ;- )
Lotto said:
whats a bag tag?

Its like the badge you receive when you beat one of the Pokemon gym masters.
James Brown said:
Lotto said:
whats a bag tag?

Its like the badge you receive when you beat one of the Pokemon gym masters.

oh, ok, thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968