www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Question is simple and straight forward.
Why do you play this great sport? Exercise? Just for fun?
What got you started in playing?

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I Now play just for Fun and exercise. I have played PDGA competetions for over 30 + years.

It becomes where you are comfortable in your game.
I play because I love the sound of chains. Thanks to my brother in-law I'm addicted to this kick arse sport!
I love Frisbees. Sorta like a dog! Just excited to play...freestyle, ultimate, disc golf, MTA, catch...
Exercise is not monotonous and boring when it is fun!
My uncle Jack taught me how to skip a Frisbee...hooked.
it's the great escape
I play for fun, for exercise and because it offers the challenge and competition of ball golf without the expense (unless you happen to be addicted to plastic!). The courses are more interesting and the people a lot less stuffy than most in ball golf. Most of all, anyone can go out and play without lots of practice or expensive lessons (and get better with practice).
Because I love the sport and everything it offers.
I started because its a fairly inexpensive pastime until I got into it. Now everyone in my family has a minimum of 15 discs/a bag...too much swag. But we love it and its something we can do as a family or with friends. And who doesnt remember the first time they ripped a disc and it kept going and going...and where you wanted it too? Loves me some disc golf!
I play for all of the above and love hitting aces. My buddy got me started earlier this year just to get me out of the house. I was hooked from then on. Went out and bought a bag and discs the next day.
I love seeing all the responses.

I started playing my sophomore year of high school and was hooked. I have played ultimate since I was very young so disc sports were not new to me..

I love the feeling of that perfect throw. It sails forever...
because i cant not play.

that and I am just a big kid... and a disc flying through the air is just a fun thing. I think I am one of he few people I know who will always comment on when someone shanks a drive high that it is " just a beautiful thing" as it soars through the air on it's way to no where .
Maybee its just me but life can overwhelm you at times,job,wife kids bills,its good to have that one thing you enjoy doing so much that it completely takes your mind off of everything,just you the course and a bag of discs.Once im done playing a round or two,i feel refreshed and ready to get back to the norm.Disc golfers are also some of the nicest peole you can meet.
I play because I love to be outside and enjoy fresh air no matter how hot or cold it is outside. I find it to be a fairly inexpensive way to get out of my house and take my mind off the hustle and bustle of every day life.
I started playing as a way to enjoy some summer sun on my face and enjoy drinking a beer and relaxing with friends.
I play for fun and a bit of healthy competition against my colleagues.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968