www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

why doesn't Innova make Champion Rocs as part of their regular production?

<Maybe this topic has come up here before, but I can't find it in the archives>

Why doesn't Innova make Champion Rocs all of the time? Is it so the ones that are made are more rare? The KC pro Roc is great, is the Champion Roc not that much better anyway? It seems like they'd be losing sales to the Buzzz (maybe the best disc ever) and now the Discmania C-Line MD 2 (??)

(an aside, I'm planning on trying the MD2 and the rest of the C-Line asap, I'm not rich, or would buy the whole line right now; I know looks don't matter, but I think the new Buzzz and the rest of the Discraft stamps are a step down from the old look, the same for the numbers on Innova, do we really need the flight rating numbers on the discs themselves to remember how fast they are? Okay, new sales, maybe. I like the less is more approach to stamps, the old champion with just the classic Innova logo and the name of the disc)

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not trying to change the subject of the thread here, so sorry if this strays a bit.... But, have I heard that Discmania discs ARE made by Innova, or in Innova's molds, or something to that effect? Or did I dream it up? If they are made by Innova, how do they greatly differ from Innova's different lines of Discs? If I have Hijacked this thread, I am sorry. Delete my post if needed. You just reminded of what I had been wondering, Herb. :)
i am wondering about that too??  anybody know?
Discmania is Innova Europe. Just like Hero Discs is Innova Japan.
Ahhhhh....Thank you for the info Justin!
I watched Senor Dunipace throw a Frenzy he had named 'Michael" about 12 times at Yucaipa, so . . . . . . . . . .

Because it works too well as a fundraiser for USDGC and the Japan Open

They can charge more money by making Champioon Roc's just sometimes.

Disc Golf is one of those things that in order to survive, has to continue to change & grow.  If you aren't growing in today's economy, then you aren't profitable & will not make it.  Innova has to change and stay fresh just like any company.  I know that tons of PGA Golfers & that Casuals of stick Golf would love to see some of the old clubs they have used over the years to still be made, but that's not how progress works.  I too yearn for some of the old designs and I thought the same, does every disc now have to have the rating and such all over it.  Technology continues to change as do the habits of the consumers.

My guess as to why Innova isn't making that specific version of the Roc any more, is the market isn't there to support it.  New, younger players want fresh new designs and they want all the new plastic(s).  Demand is a big barometer on what direction the company will go in.  

That's why I've been throwing Z Buzzzs since they first came out....want Champ ROCs?

www.discgolfflymart.com

I have Champion Rocs . CE Rocs , Star Rocs , Pro Rocs , Dx Rocs and KC Pro Rocs.  Just the Best Mid-Range Hands Down !
thats the reason i switched to discraft midranges years ago.  a wasp is just a rock but z plastic is far superior in durability to champ plastic. must stiffer. the buzz is a great compliment but does not have the bead. I think innova is trying to push the mako in nicer plastics

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968