www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Whats up with that. Maybe others just have more money than I do. Ive never thrown a disc and lost it. Ok once, i threw it into the ocean in Hawaii, there was no way to retrieve it. But if you do lose your disc and someone like me finds it I'll call you if you leave your number on your disc. Just wondering if others out there are finding alot of discs with no info.

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Atleast , have a Indentifying Mark of some kind on the disc , so you know it's yours.
Yeah, you should check out our rough here, even David Feldberg said it is the worst he has seen and he has been all over the world and played. I don't lose discs much anymore, but we do have some crazy courses. The trees and rough here will swallow a person, a lot of times you can't even see the moose lurking or porcupines either. We play on some courses that are known to have bears and their scat is evidence of that. So, we have a lot more going on here than a lot of what other people are used to.
Cool,
Bet that you don't have gators?
Actually we do, but only during the winter...we wear our gaiters during the winter to keep snow out of our shoes :P
Ha ha
different G A T O R...
I have lost 3 disc all with name number and e mail not returned yet dont really matter if not in tourn.
Back in the '90s I would always carry a PATENT PENDING Aero. I played a lot at night and the purple ones were kinda hard to find. Mostly they made it back to the pro shop, but after losing three in a row I got hardcore and wrote "AIDS DISC do not touch" . I lost it on hole 17 at Morley (like most of the others) and never saw it again. I still write my name on my plastic and it's still hit and miss on gettin' 'em back.
I put my name, PDGA number and since about 6 months ago...I put this web site address on them too. I don't put my phone number on them...and haven't for quite a while....way back, we had an issue with another golfer who was getting harassing phone calls from a park vagrant...since then I don't bother.

I don't lose too many for one.....the ones I can't find or get wet...I go back after the round and usually get them....and if other locals find mine I've lost...they come back to me too. Local covering both Orlando and Daytona ...and points in between...and beyond.

Lately the ones I have lost...I left or dropped out there : ( ...playing best shot and walking off like a bonehead.

Two of those were devastating loses.....The Harry Putter 1 (3 aces in row disc) and the Shreds *Vintage 93 era DX San Marino) I do hold some hope for the Shreds...the Putter was likely found by some little kids having a birthday party in the park that day.

The Shreds definitely left the county or most likely the State via a visiting player...I haven't given up hope yet...there's still many bags to search out there ; )~
I put my phone # on mine and my logo, I've had 2 callbacks in the last week. funny thing is I didn't lose them, 1 I traded to a guy, the other I sold to a different guy, and They lost them.
Just consider them an offering from the disc golf gods. For people who really want and need them.
I just found one of my friends, lost Pro Monster. ( Justin Kirk ).

It was being thrown by this cute girl. I waited till she came around to the Pro shop and asked her to see the disc. I think her boyfriend found it but never turned it in.

Anyways , I asked her for it and stated it had my friends name and phone number on it Exactly.

She handed it to me , no problem and I told her I wanted her to keep playing and bought her a Pink SS Surge. About 155 grams. Lighter than the 174 gram Monster she was throwing. I did watch her try to throw that Monster a few holes and of course it was way too much disc for her.

I told her to put her name and phone number on it , in case it was lost , they are turned in for a dollar here.

She was Super happy , her boyfriend couldn't believe it , he was shocked and my friend got back his $ 65.00 disc !!!!

Everyone was Happy and no confrontation happened , as sometimes it does !!!!

Yes , this really did happen.

Donny Olow
donnyotime@yahoo.com
Becasue the discs are never returned

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968