www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Whats up with that. Maybe others just have more money than I do. Ive never thrown a disc and lost it. Ok once, i threw it into the ocean in Hawaii, there was no way to retrieve it. But if you do lose your disc and someone like me finds it I'll call you if you leave your number on your disc. Just wondering if others out there are finding alot of discs with no info.

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

when i first get a disk i jst put a little mark on the rim in the case that i want to trade it or sell it. after a couple weeks of play if the disk makes it in my bag then ill put my name and # on it.
I try to put my name and number on all of my discs, but on occasion I have been known to throw a brand new disc and lose it before I have had the chance to write my info on the inside. I have lost two or three really sweet discs that way.
Name & PDGA number for me.
I do not give out my phone number.
Many reasons why, you can come up with them.
If you throw often enough, you get to know everybody!
Ditto...I see no reason to put a phone number on my discs, my "mark" is good enough.
Thats a pretty cool way to look at it. Ive been happy to keep the unmarked discs Ive found. But my info is on my discs.
I bet a lot of people don't care or realize that they'll almost never get their discs back. I've lost over 30 since I started playing a year ago and I've only ever had 2 returned to me.
holy cow dude! lost over 30 in a year, not trying to be rude but sounds like you need to work on some control. i've only lost 5 in the past 2 yrs and 2 of them have been returned. good luck in the future.
Iirc, Sean lives in Alaska- I could see loosing some up there.

I always return discs- actually my league play started from returning a disc.
Returning my discs to me will usually result in a reward of some kind.
Every one I've found with Donny's name on it is on my wall ;o))
It ain't about the money, I'm poor as a church mouse. I just take the approach that, a disc that wants to be with me will stay in the fairway where I can find it. I have the same feelings about dogs. If the dog wants to be mine, he won't be running away. ; ) No seriously, it's because return rates are very low and fraught with frustration. I just mark it with my PDGA number and if I lose it, I hope it finds a good home. Toward that end, if you find one with 7330 on it, play it if you need it or pass to someone just learning DG.
As it was kind of alluded to, maybe some people have stopped marking their discs because they have not had lost discs returned in the past, and it is much more soothing on the soul to know that an unmarked disc will never make it back to you, rather than eyeing everyone you meet on the course, thinking "I wonder if that is the so-and-so who found one of my discs and never called me?"
Don't know why you would not.
It's your property.

But it does not matter to some, they will confiscate it anyway.
Or find a way to embezzle cash out of you. Or resell your disc, with big gobs of marker over your name.....

What a lot, most try to call though... there is a club on DGRUS for those that return discs I return discs club

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968