www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was playing disc the other day on a beautiful but slightly chilly michigan morning, and thought to myself... "why isn't there an indoor dome world course in Michigan?" What does everyone else think about that, also... who do you think i should contact about funding something like this to be built?

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

suck it up and play outside... lol...
domes take millions, go figure
...and its not even cold yet!!!
first off, F u cass, hahaha and second... theres already a dome world near GR that isnt operational anymore... so building one is not needed. i dont have anything against sno-golf but id kinda like to play when the wind chill is 20 below and i cant see 20 ft in front of me... ya na mean?
It would be a good use for all the auto plants and other factories they are closing!
Yeah the inside of those auto plants is like an entire city on the inside. There could definitely be room for a course in there.
That is a course where accuracy would be more important than Big D Fer Sure!
Where would you put it?
How much would it cost to put it there?
What would it cost to operate?
How much would you charge to play there?
How much would you expect to bring in per month?

The reason that there isn't an indoor course in Michigan is because no one has answered those questions and proposed it to someone with money to invest.
i didn't just mean millions to build..I am talking maintenance, seriously, ask the city of Pontiac how much they spend a year to keep the silverdome from collapsing...its just not realistic..besides the BEST part of disc golf is being outside...
well with what we've seen that they do in Dubai and Japan in indoor structures why not do something like that in Detroit where an auto plant or huge arena sits vacant? .... put in a 100 x 200 foot swimming pool, sand beach, 40 restaurants and a disc golf course around the edges and up into the stands .......... hit your own homer ........ bust some chains ......... norman vincent peale ...... possibility thinking ... and the big idea .... be fun eh?
Unrealistic. How many disc sales would it take to pay for such an idea?
But have known a few disc golfers to fling one in the open Orlando Convention Center.
Move to Florida in the winter. It's great down here, when it's cold up there.
10Down in Maine has an indoor DG course. I think they built theirs in a barn. Check their page here at DGRUS:

http://discgolfer.ning.com/profile/10DownDiscGolf
Here in Michigan I have already listened to so many casuals piss and moan about how they won't pay $2 to play. They want everything for free. Getting them to pay $10 or more to play an indoor facility would be out of the question....and honestly those are the people you would need to help cover the costs, as the couple hundred dedicated discers peppered around in all different areas of the state would play it, but not regular enough to make it work.
Yeah that is a good idea, small office building would be cool. Here at Ferris we just had a mini golf day inside of the huge campus library, shots ranging from down stair wells, between book racks, and hole 18 went off of the second story balcony outside into the quad, it was fun.

I couldn't imagine how bad casuals would trash the inside of a building after seeing what they do to our courses. Tree in their way... snap it in half = wall in their way... kick a hole through it. I'm sure you see where I'm going with that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968