www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Here in Colorado Springs I live in the center of the city. There is a course to the south and three courses to the north. People are always talking about putting in another course somewhere, but nothing ever gets done. We have talked to the city about it and they have actually given us preliminary approval for a course about 1 mile from where I live.

Here is the thing. the person who had been looking into it before thought that they had mapped out an 18 hole course, only to find out that many of those holes would have been on private land (not city). They didn't bother to check boundaries I guess. So they just gave up on it.

The land would be perfect for a 9 hole course or maybe even a few more holes. Why not go for it? Our local club is pretty lame and generally doesn't do a lot with our course. All of the improvements that we did at our Cottonwood Creek course last year were done by gathering donations. We did not use club money because that would have taken forever and probably not gotten done. If I do see the club president I plan on asking him about the possibility of getting that course in however.

A 9 hole course 5 minutes from where I live would be great for a quick toss. And maybe we could use some alternate tee designations. Better than not having it at all!

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd be all for it, if you have enough land then you can make some crazy courses (multiple pin and tee locations). We are facing the same problem here, but we have the city to deal with on this other 9 hole course. Once we get this one rebuilt, then we'll get the blessing of the city for another one somewhere else. Things just seem to be so slow when you know you want or need another course.
It seems crazy not to utilize this land if we already have preliminary approval on it. I agree that it doesn't have to be only 9 or 18 holes. If we could put in 12 or whatever number that would be fine.
I have A short 9 hole course less than A mile from my house. Its perfect for when I dont have alot of time after work before it gets dark to get A round in.Its also good if you have smaller kids and you have to take them with you so they dont have to walk the full 18 even tho my 4yr old little girl loves to play.The point is there are A lot of things good about 9 hole courses and I hope they listen to you good luck man.
Go for it Jim,double tee pads and your imagination will get this in the ground.
We just lost our additional 9 extension in favor of another baseball field.
Whatever you can do to get Baskets in the ground !!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968