www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Why do some people do this. Twice they've been my favorite discs and I wouldn't want to stop using them and spend more money on the same disc...

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whats the big? I've shot an 18 before! and I only needed 3 holes to do it in...ha!
I agree with Mark!
I'm the only person I know that has retired every ACE disc I have...I have witnesses sign it on the front and then I never throw the disc again. I will have a great ACE disc collage on display one day!
Here's my first ACE...

Here's my 8th, most recent ACE disc...

hey now, picture(s) on the wall of your Ace(s) disc would be a far better collection to admire.Perhaps your very first Ace disc just for nostalgia factor.
I would never want to retire an ace disc. But, in this particular case of mine, I wished I would have retired my First Run Flash. This disc was heaven to my hand with two aces in one week. About a month, I have no idea how it happened, but one day I was at the course looking in my bag and it's not there. At that point, I thought to myself that I should have framed it before this had happened :-(
Man, Mark always has a way of laying down logic.
When a disc works well enough to have aced a hole, it's seems far too difficult to hang it up. Let it keep doing great things. If you lose it, you were meant to. The disc gods speak for your discs every now and then. It pains me to quit using a multi-ace disc since I know it does it's job so well. At the same time, I would hate to lose such a great performer, so I inevitably retire the disc. Right now I have 3 or 4 ace discs in my bag.
I only have four aces over 20yrs so it wouldn't be to bad or costly for me but I know some people who get aces all the time, now that would cost alot of money
I guess that an Ace is much more valuable to me than to most people. Hince 6 in 15 years. I just don't ever run for aces, my idea of a great shot is too be right in front of the basket without going past it. So when an Ace happens it was actually a bad shot that got lucky. So I try and save those lucky "bad shots" now!

By the way I love everyones Dark side references. It's amazing how many people in the world know Star Wars like that. It's the sub culture that is totally fictional but almost anyone at any time or place knows what you are talking about!
Star Wars isn't fictional...is it?

Since my 1st (and only) ace, my game has changed a bit and I don't often need to carry my Blurr, but when I could use it I kinda find myself a bit hesitant to take it out and I talk myself into using a different disc for that shot. I guess this discussion has made me realize...the force is strong with me...and the Blurr is unofficially retired.

To each his own...

In regards to its attempt to get back in my bag, I suppose my Blurr could quote Yoda...
"Into exile I must go. Failed, I have."
I've thought about this myself recently, I've only been playing for less than 6 months and have done pretty well. I bought a Z Buzzz and got my first ace ever, then a few hours later I got my 2nd one ever...two in the same day. Then just yesterday I got another ace....three in less than two weeks. I hit all these aces with different discs and thought about retiring them, but yeah....I think I'll just retire my first one and call it good. I like the nostalgia.
i retire my midranges,mostly rocs,,some of my biggest birdies were from out side putting range,mostly 70+ ft-120ft,and my only eagle on a par 4 was with a midrange,a roc,,and i have some old ones boxed up,and a couple ace disc boxed up also

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968