www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Why do some people do this. Twice they've been my favorite discs and I wouldn't want to stop using them and spend more money on the same disc...

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have but one lonely ace. All the guys I throw with know that I will go headlong into the creek if that bar stamped first run Buzzz ever goes in. I am not going in for it being the ace but because I have had it since I started playing 8 years ago. But not once have I ever not thrown it because of danger.
My only ace is on my putter. 228 with a soft banger, i could never retire it because its been thrown for two years and it would take two more years to break in a new banger.
I have never had an ace, therefore, I have no reason to retire a disc on purpose... they usually retire themselves... in a bit of water... once, i retired one in a tree somehow... have taken some out of my bag just to put them back in later, just to try them out again... i did give a couple of discs away after a tournament a couple years ago... just for fun... had a drawing out of friends near and far... gave them an autographed, "tourney used" disc and a certificate of authenticity... one of them also got a nice autographed "tourney used" t-shirt, the other a hat... now, that was fun...

in any case, IF i ever get an ace, that will be the only disc i will truly and purposefully retire, if only for sentimental value and some form of proof that it was done... any ace that comes after, well, it's just a nice shot that happened to go in... :)
If by retiring an ace disc you mean throwing it in the back of the Volvo because I kept using it until it didn't fly right anymore then yes I retired my last ace disc.
That's odd it just went double post for some reason. Damn Gremlins.
My first Ace disc was sold off when I acquired way to many discs. Its all good, I have a great memory of that disc and the shot, maybe the next guy will have some of the same luck with it?
Use it until it breaks !!! Golf Discs are meant to be thrown. I have a Aviar with 11 aces on it. True , I don't use it anymore , but have a equal replacement for it.
Sometimes if you use it for that long it starts to fly different. But I keep throwing the disc as well because it's obviously a good disc. The Banshee that I hit my last ace with started to turn over too much so I also replaced it with an equal disc.
Volvo????
'84 242 GLT with 335,000 miles. Just got it back from the Porsche mechanic the other day. Various discs in the trunk and back seat.
I do not even know what to say.... Marks comment is right on the money! I do not take a disc out of my bag unless it no longer does what I want it to do.... if it's hitting an ACE, well thats what I want it to do and it stays!

I can't talk like Mark as I do not have so many Ace shots to talk about, but for me it's about the whole round much more then one shot. If you have the worst game ever, then on the last shot the same disc that has been bad for you gets an ace, is that disc or that game all that much better?

Do not get me wrong I love and Ace just like anyone else.... maybe I just need more of them?

Anyways great comments guys I can see both side... and I say do what ever makes your little heart happy!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968