www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have owned 3 revolution bags now, my latest being a dualpack. they are in my opinion the best bags on the market.I just want to hear what everyone else thinks of them?

Tags: bags, disc, discraft, discs, golf., innova, revolution

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also have a dual pack, but imo they are not the best bags made. For me that honor goes to the Latitude 64 Pro bag and if Grip products ever gets their bag into production. I'll be the first in line for that one. Revo is top notch when it comes to quality, but I think they could have a better bag with just a few tweeks. Now this is my first back pack style bag, but this is what already bugs me about it.
1: putter pocket or lack of one, WTF!
2: larger opening for the main compartment.
3: some how, keep the upper pouch from drooping down on the main disc compartment. With the small opening and the top drooping down on the discs. It makes it that much more of a pain in the a$$ to get them out.
4: Drink holders please, not mesh.
5: the straps are kind of on the wuss/small size.
After saying all that and doing my homework. It seemed like the best choice out there, but that's not saying much. If I was 100% sure the Grip bag would be out soon. I would have waited for it, but it doesn't sound like it will be out for a month or so.
As for their Carolina bag. All I'd like is a larger opening to better access the discs, but that bag is as close to perfect as it gets.
Is this another one of those "The Truth" threads ???
Or a dare?
I know some people seem to like those backpack bags, but I am not in school any longer and dont like that style of bag. I am very happy with my Fade Dude Tourney bag and Phenix Straps. and it has nothing to do with price, I just like how open the top is over the Backpack style bags. I also like my Drink hold that'll hold a big sized water and or beer!
I have had my Carolina Bag for 1 year now, and it looks as good as the day it came in the mail. It seems to be the best quality bag I have owned. I have owned Innova, Fade, and Discraft bags, and the Revolution bag is hands down the best bag I have owned. The extra money spent was well worth it.
Rescue, had the same problems with mine. I bought a piece of plexiglass for the top(a thick piece) sand the corners. I also cut the key holder out and use the front pocket for my putter it works great. Put my keys in the pocket below the bottom disc compartment. Carry plastic watter bottles in the side pouches. You can carry more watter in less space, I usually do 3 in one side. That gives me the other pocket for gear. Hope this helps a little.
i just bought the dual pack. sold my carolina bag. i loved the carolina. and so far i love the dual pack. i also use the front pocket on top for a putter pocket. i don't mind the opening, all you have to do is lift up the top for the discs in the middle. for the discs on the sides, just put it in flat on top, slide it over and down. i love the storage. my only complaint is the lack of a rainfly. i suppose it is meant to set up an umbrella through the strap on the top compartment and slide into the side pocket? i prefer the way the backpack style fits up higher on the back though. much more comfortable imo.
I have the Dual pack lite , it's a great back but I also have some gripes:

The Main disc compartment's opening needs to be a little bigger , it can be difficult to pull the discs out and put them back in.

The f'in drink holders on the side with one strap underneath to hold the drink in ! Come on really such an expensive bag and then you skimp on this aspect.

The top pocket not having any kind of frame work , I took the inside frame of my innova tournament bag and cut it to size and put it in the top.
@Rescue
I also had many of the problems with this bag as you had. The first thing that i did to this bag when i got it was I constucted a frome that rests on top of the divider. I used lexan plastic, and had it bent on the edges so that it curves around the existing frame. it keeps the top compartment from drooping on the discs. if you make one of these, be sure to cut out a part of the front so that discs are more easily put into and taken from the bag. if you would like to purchase one of these frames, i can make one for you for $10. just send me your address and other information in an email.

I also was dissapointed that this bag had no putter pocket, but i just use the zippered pocket on the front, where the revolution patch is located. this seems to work very well. I do agree with you on the water bottle holder. there really is no great place to put a water bottle except for one of the side pockets. however that is inconvenient if you like to put discs or other things in those pockets. hopefully people will look past its flaws and realize just how good of a bag it really is. It has so much storage room compared to any other bag on the market, and that is a huge plus for a tournament player like me.
i also use that front pocket as a putter pocket. i always wondered if i was the only one, but i guess someone else had the idea too!
When dps needed to get bags made, contacted Revolution.
He was willing to wholesale at $5 less than his retail. What a deal!?
They are decent bags, but expensive.
If you talk with retailers out there , they are slow movers, sit on the shelf seemingly forever.
Not everyone is willing to pay the price.
At dps we back ours, not an expensive bag at all.

Had to make my own,
good bag though.
Thanks, for the info. I'll give it a try.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968