www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was playing at ocala greenway the other day,and walked up on a pretty big wild pig.Luckily it just snorted and ran off,still kinda freaky though those pigs can be aggressive.Has anybody else had close calls with wild animals while playing.

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are some good stories in this thread...

Terry and the Gator.....lmao!!

Other courses in the area with signs of pigs/hogs F Burton in Cocoa and DeBary. Wild Turkeys at DeBary....a fairly ornery pair of Sand Hill Cranes out there. A few pigmy rattlers spotted at DeBary too.
Only thing we have in Kalamazoo are the angry squirrels everywhere
or an accasional sasquatch.
Plenty of deer, turtles, armadillos, and such out at Malabar Golf course which I might add is looking quite nice lately... Come play, Floridians!!
squirl eating redhawks, Water Moccasins in the snake pit, Mad geese chaising you , and peacoks all at coachman FL
Have heard the elusive skunk ape out at the old hudson course. Come to think of it the sand hill cranes were pretty mean too. The cool thing about them was everyday just before dark, they flew in formation over and around the lake, almost like it was rehearsed. Where is Disco-boy, i am sure he remembers.
i agree with this, i was at knollwood early Thursday evening and seen six or seven squirrels on one hole. Other then that only wildlife i have really seen was a doe that walked in front of me about half way down hole 18 last month at robert morris.
I was doing some brushcutting by myself with the old sythe the other day at our Fir meadows course and working away and kind of felt something was a looking at me .......... I'm in a stream gulch down a grassy valley, I have a look around and sure enough 60' feet up the side hill peering over the edge in the thistle patch is a black bear head staring down ...... trying to see what's making this swishing noise down in his territory ........ I yell at him up the hill and he high tails it into the bush crashing thru the forest ......... glad he went the other way and not at me .... glad he was a two yr old and not a cranky mom with cubs ........ as them bears can move pretty quick ...... one other one ..... was playing Chico California last summer, huck my driver, bend of to pick it up and the rattle started heres a smallish rattler rattling and slinking into the hole just below my disc .... wasn't expecting that either.
Tulsa, OK:
Water Moccasins at Centennial Park; Deer at Chandler Park (one of these deers is nick-named Jack Links after the jerky); a Falcon (that sometime will follow groups of DGers looking for scared up mice) at Course Dovillio and the littering teens on their Mom's cough medicine at Hunter Park...
two of the local courses here in oklahoma city have Kites(the bird not the other)these birds will swoop on anyone that gets near there nests.nothing like having a shadow bear down on you then seeing 5-6 people hit the deck.the most amazing and true story ive heard about these birds happened years ago.Brent Edwards an OG oklahoma dger was throwing hole 12 (which goes under/around one of the nesting trees)the hole is about 330-350.after Brent released his throw (from the discription i got)it was turning over a lil to much when out of the blue one of these kites attacks his disc in midflight hitting it 2 times and changing the flight next thing you know ching "ace".i didnt witness the event but was at the mini that it happened at and heard the story from the people on his card and saw him get the ace pot

on a much less exciting level but still wild seen a fox family in dolese park,snakes all types at moccasin creek in pawhuska,tons of deer at arcadia park and the most amazing tick population at duncan lake course(walked hole 1 in the spring 1 times then picked about 30 ticks off ourselves and left) deepwoods off my butt
Snakes!
Port Charlotte dg course has had it's share of snakes,owls,armadillos(crash thru the underbrush loudly)squirrels will chase your disc,a few hawks.The ever present red ants,gopher tortise(old dug out home along hole 7. A Bobcat or two a few years back before the course saw steady play A few homless guys in the surrounding woods,they looked wild.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968