www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I like the Boss but I hate the grip of Champion plastic. Does anyone know if or when it will be available in Star plastic.

Tags: Boss, Champion, Plastic, Star

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would assume so, most others are made in star plastic. And its a very popular disc, so it makes sense that it would be released in Star. Not only would i like to see it in Star, i wouldnt mind seeing some in the mid to high 160's.
my buddy just got one in the mail yesterday off ebay

it has a mini star stamp in the corner (a circle doesnt have a coner but you know what i mean?

so im sure its only a matter of time until theyre in full production
I saw those on ebay as well, i think they were some sort of special run for testing the speed ratings and all that good stuff.

throwinmylifeaway said:
my buddy just got one in the mail yesterday off ebay

it has a mini star stamp in the corner (a circle doesnt have a coner but you know what i mean?

so im sure its only a matter of time until theyre in full production
They may not ever be produced in the 160's. The rim is so big there is not a lot of plastic in the middle to take out in order to make it lighter. The middle would be so thin they would be crazy floppy.
yeah i agree about the lighter not being possible, plus you would think if you are not throwing this disc at max speed and windy conditions you wouldn't want it to be lighter since that means more flippy and more affected by wind, i guess i'm bias since i throw all 175g... But the real question about Innova is why they don't make the Roc in Star????
Rich Drawdy said:
yeah i agree about the lighter not being possible, plus you would think if you are not throwing this disc at max speed and windy conditions you wouldn't want it to be lighter since that means more flippy and more affected by wind, i guess i'm bias since i throw all 175g... But the real question about Innova is why they don't make the Roc in Star????

they do!
The Star Boss is coming. It went through a stabilizing process and Duane's big arms have been throwing it. The ones on ebay are from the test run.
They do make a roc in star plastic, the most easily found are the San Marino 2008 USDGC Roc, and the Huklab KC Pro Roc. They both retail for around $25-$30. There are lots of others out there's out there as well but these are the easiest to find right now, both are available at Marshall Street Disc Golf.

On the original thread, I like champion plastic but prefer to throw star plastic when its wet out so a star boss would be a welcome addition!

Rich Drawdy said:
I read this and did not want anyone to be misinformed....the blue "Test Run" discs are Star Destroyers, not a Boss.

Also, a KC Pro Roc is a stiff Pro plastic, not Star. They make USDGC Star Rocs using the San Marino and Rancho mold. You can try to snag one from www.zonedriven.com They are easiest to get in the Ontario mold.

SK
I would try it out if they ever did come out with star.
Well....now they have a limited number of Star Bosses at www.discgolfvalues.com
Does it really matter, in the large scope of things. So many discs! I've played a long time and found it's not the the arrow but the archer! Sorry for not answering the way you wanted., but don't hate me too much. Also most discs can be tampered with to fly the way you want them to.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968