www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Looking for a good brand of clothing to keep warm in the winter or even more specific which articles of clothing are recommended.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Seal skins are good but don't machine wash them!
Mark You should have those metal screws for my rubber tee pads also.
I've done that the past 2 winters and it is very helpful, more for dirt/grass tees than for cement. If the tee pad is cleaned, then you will slip more having metal sticking out of your boots so bring 2 pairs of boots with you.
I'm one of those people Mark. My cut off for shorts and long sleeve was about two weeks ago or more. As of now I'm still wearing tear aways or flanel pants with a pull over or sweatshirt. It is around 20 degrees out as of late...can't wait till it is negative out :P
About 73 degrees today in San Diego. Nice to wear shorts in the Winter time.
I'm a big believer in Under Armor Cold Gear. I wear it for all my winter sports. Mark's advice for mittens is spot-on as well. Take one off to throw then slip it back on.

The biggest advice I can give you is keep anything cotton away from your skin! No cotton socks, T-shirts, jeans without a tech garment underneath. The reason for this is the cotton will trap sweat next to your skin making you clammy and cold even if you're sweating.
Thinsulate developed by 3m.
In my ski gloves. Works good.
makes me too warm. seriously.
Sure am glad we don't have to deal with that northern winter. Today they will be playing in shorts, sneakers, and tee shirts. Blue sky, and sunshine. Been kinda grey for a few days and now it is going to clear up and warm up. Some one should put a posting for Aces. Each day as players hit an ace, they can post it on the site. Name the course and hole. Just a thought.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968