www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Depression! I hate the cold. Ya you can still play in 20 degree weather with high wind and snow but who the hell wants to do that.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about Barry Schultz? -- don't recall him moving to FL or OR.

I don't believe that playing in the winter gives cold weather players an advantage over warm weather players. But if we didn't play, then the warm weather players would get an advantage. I play in the cold snowy weather because it beats the hell out of staying inside whining about it. Get the right gear and it's really not a problem at all. Well, except maybe when the wind chill is -25 like it was in the Cracked Plastic a couple of years ago, that was pretty damn rough.
Ouch! -25! When I lived in Tulsa OK. All I had was a motorcycle for trans and there were a few days that hit the "minus" wind chill. Man, I'm cold just thinking about it...I imagine that there might be a "warm up" period for people who don't play year round, but I agree with you. A great disc golfer, is a GREAT disc golfer. No matter where you live. I just had to mix the pot up a little;)~
I don't play disc golf :( My biggest complaints are lost discs and cold hands/feet. Also your discs don't fly the same when they are hard as a rock. I would rather work out and get into better shape in the "off" season and then come back when it warms up again. Also my Fav. course is pulled from nov. 1st tell april 1st anyway. Oh well
...less biting insects,cooler weather,enjoying coffee on the lanai in the evening coldness,being able to wear your winter coat from your old, northern,homestead,practice glow putting in the backyard,my headache finally gone from all that hot,humid SWFL hEAT.One can get really spoiled living in Fl.The cold front change is enjoyable.Hit Chains.
Winter means....
Just got back from 21 Holes at Kenny Climo's home course Cliff Stephens...
-9 Bogey Free!!!
Gotta Love Florida.
Shot with the Resident DJ, Gravit*E.
About 6 other groups of Disc Golfers on the course. No wind. 40 degrees in the shade.
We finished the last few holes in the dark, but got ALL 21 holes in!

Winter means 28 holes in the cold storm... an inch or more fell during the round and it was a blast. I feel great especially now that I've got my hot cocoa
If you play all winter, your summer game will grow exponentially!
Winter means to me the anniversary of finding this wonderful sport. It means cold weather which adds a challenge to the game. Winter means great Southern Nationals Tournament. I guess what I am trying to say is, Winter Means Good Time To Disc Golf.
I love playing in the snow. We just got dumped on here and I can't wait to get up and hit Willow first thing Saturday morning. All you need is a thermos of coffee, A pair of snow pants, a pair of winter hiking boots, some ribbon, and some electrical tape and you're all set for a winter round. If you own the right gear and stay warm and dry winter time can be one of the best times of year to play.
The cold air on your face in the morning really wakes you up.

Oh yeah don't for get a hot hands and your discs.
What are the ribbons and electrical tape for?
You tape ribbon to disc when it gets burried in snow you see the ribbon.
And they don't mess with the flight of the disc?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968