www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Today was the winter solstice.
The Earth's north pole was pointed its maximum away from the sun today and although colder temperatures are sure to come (at least here in Michigan), we will now receive more sun everyday...which means more time to disc!

The glass is half full...keep throwing and Merry Christmas!

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Best thing I've heard all day!
Just think in 6 more months we will be able to play up to 9 pm or later. Here on the upper left coast (Seattle) we are lucking to be able find your disc after 4:15.
Hey, that might be a good rule for me... no disc golf from the first snow till the winter solstice. What an encouraging post! Thanks!
I thought about that yesterday, that the days will now be getting longer. The reason that it doesn't start to get warmer right away is because the earth, its seas and atmosphere, have a buffering effect that causes a delay in when it starts to warm up, and after the Summer Solstice, when it begins to cool. It's only going to get to the mid 60s here today. Brrrrrrrr.
I played in our league last night, mostly in the dark with the baskets lit up, but I was in a short sleeve shirt. Of course I live in the Phoenix area. (Just thought that I would rub it in a little.)
Happy Solstice! In my opinion, the best day of the year. We celebrate.
I'm glad the solstice is over. We had just under 5 hrs of total daylight up here in AK. We're over the hump, maybe by April I'll be able to play disc after work. Right now I go to work when it is dark and get off when it is dark.
Right...the specific heat of water (energy needed for it to heat up and cool down) is really high and about 70% of the surface of the Earth is water, which causes the temps to lag behind the hours of daylight.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968