www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What goals did you have and did you accomplish them?

Feel Confident inside 30 ft check
Win a rec tourney nope, but came close quite a few times
Cash in INT check did yesterday
Get an ace check got 3
Improve my D- not really, but I learned that isn't that big of an issue. When I played int I threw the shortest of the people I played with and I beat everyone, but two.
Have Fun check
Have my rating over 900 not yet 889 slight chance, but in greenville had two bad rounds. if those are dropped I probably will be over 900.

Next year
Win a tourney in int
able to hit 40-45 footers more often
Learn to play in the cold! I suck so much in the cold.
Get another ace
Have fun
Get my rating over 910.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am going to start brewing beer next week... and no i am not 50 but you can still find a day here or there and just because it is cold outside doesnt mean a tarp and a basket in you basement won't suffice
Beer is good!
Win Am 3 ... x2 Check
Lose my rear in am2..... Double check
Throw 400.... 440 check
Putt in tournaments ... check
Get over 900.... we will see dec 14th
Jim,
I am several years your senior and I will be playing in the cold weather. Ever since I was a kid I've loved playing in the snow and cold. Skiing, sleading, snowshoeing, and even throwing snow balls are some of my favorite activites. My basic rule of thumb is if you spit and it bounces, go inside.
Besides 117 days is a 1/3 of a year, which is a lot of time to be stuck in the house. I would go nuts from cabin fever.
Actually I've found daylight savings time has had more effect on how often I play then the cold. So, I'm working on getting an after dark league going at our local DGC.
I may play a few holes here and there but playing with cement hands is just not fun. We do have league on Sunday at 11 AM and it should be plenty warm enough to play. If I could only find a pair of gloves that are comfortable and still allow you to throw with them on. I will occasionally throw with my fleece gloves on. Too bad they don't make electric gloves, do they? I'm off to Google this right now.
Seems like the heated gloves are a bit bulky and also expensive. Probably not worth it. I'm not a fan of putting things on and taking them off on every single hole.
Well lets see,
1st Play bigger courses
2nd Have better control on my release
3nd Finish the book on Disc Golf courses in ND
4th Play in a local tournament
5th Get an ACE
6th Work on rollers, sidearm and forehand
7th Play more courses in another states
8th Win the Lottery and buy you a drink
9th Throw Par more often
10th Have a pain free season

Not bad for 2011
did you mean backhand and forehand rollers?
Trying to limit my spending on Ebay !!!!
Ebay rocks! Just hooked up a brand new gas tank for the Volvo for $100 shipped. Also got my latest ace disc off of Ebay, a Star TeeBird in red.
love ebay... just got a 1967 schwinn jaguar bike frame for 40 bucks... now another 100 to sandblast it and make it pretty and we will be all set

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968