www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What plastics do you prefer for your wizard putters? and do you drive with one kind of plastic and putt with another?  The only ones i've ever owned or used have been the supersoft plastic but i just picked up an evolution and a medium flex. they both drive and putt great, i was just curious which plastics yall were using.

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use the super stupid soft. I just started using it about a month or two ago. Love the way it flies and the grip is silky smooth. I dont use it for drives, just putts. The only issue I have with it is that the plastic beats in pretty quickly. But I have to say it is working my aviar out of my bag which I NEVER thought would happen.
I like Soft myself....or what I think is soft since it seems to change every run :P
I went from SSS to med-flex and glo and now I am back to SSS and glo. I stopped using the SSS because they beat up faster, but my last one was good for 2-3 years and lot of games played... and the SSS plastic is so nice in the hands!
I carry both the soft and med grade plastic--what I use to putt depends on my mood--but I use the Med wizards to drive with; they're not so flippy...
EVO to drive and SSS to putt
For drives I prefer the stiff flex "s" plastic or at worst a medium. For me, if I'm throwing it like a driver I like it to feel like one as well. I don't like the SSS flex because I never feel like it's going to fly as far. Plus, I've always looked at that flex of plastic as more of a "touch" shot instead of power. I've got probably 20 different wizards in all different flex's,and plastics (yeah, it's a bit much I know) and I keep going back to the organic or soft evo putters for inside the circle and the further back I get from the basket, I rely on the firmer blends of Wizards.

Hope that helps.
i use the organic or OG wizard 174g for putts,headwinds putts and Soft Wizard for far putts and up shots. Theyre both awesome and i like the OG one because it's stiff as fuck and i will never change putters again. As for the soft wizard it was the first one i bought thanks to a friend of mine. I had been telling him that there awesome putters then i finally purchase one for myself. But it's beat in real good it's like a glove to me.
SSS Glow is really nice !!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968