www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I've been using a star aviar for a while that has a couple of aces on it and want to switch putters out to a new set .

I've heard great things about wizards ,so I started looking around and was overwhelmed with all the different molds gateway has for putters ,I want something that isn't to far away from the stability of my star aviar ,I dont mind a bead.

So I'm looking at Wizards or voodoo's whats the difference and pros and cons of both ?

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like my wizards i have all the different ones S,SSS and medium, my favorite is the medium it has a bead and flies primarily straight with a slight fade at the end, if you throw it hard enough it will stay straight the whole time. the Voodoo is beadless and flies straighter, will hold any line. A new one im trying out is the Magic its the understable putter from gateway, so far i love it because i throw with a hyzer on all my shots so it flips up and flies straight for me, but gateway putters are the way to go, they will last forever!

I love Wizards.  To me they feel like 200ft Buzzz's.  I just got one in Evolution plastic which feels like a grippier Discraft FLX plastic.  I was not a fan of the voodoo only because I did not like the feel of the rim without a bead.  I use Magics for putting only because it has almost no fade on it.

Is your Aviar a BB? or the standard? If a BB Aviar, the Wizard is not to far off, but it's thinner than the Aviar. Also, Gateway is not to spot on with their plastic. I've had "SSS" that were as hard and smooth as a "S" and vise versa. The Chalky ones are my favorite (if you like a tacky putter). Alas, I decided to go less stable and that's helped my putting big time.

The VooDoo is cool, not as stable, but a very nice feel to it. No bead and is a bit thicker than the Wizard. Just couldn't beat out my APX, but I liked it alot. Still would be my third choice (Focus #2) for me.

Bottom line, you must be able to feel/hold Gateway putters, because their plastic is all over the place. You'de be rolling the dice if you buy over the internet.

thanks rescue I'll make sure I buy them in person ,Right now I use the beadless star aviar ,I like it but just really want to try something new .

The voodoo sounds more like a aviar ,but the extra fade of the wizard would be nice ,I'm also looking at a warlock .

I

I used to putt with Voodoos for over a year and they do have a microbead, they're not beadless.  I've actually left those and putt with Magics as they're straight and it fits my putting style.  I've never used Wizards as a putter as I didn't care for an overstable putting mold; they're great throwers though.
A Warlock is basically a beadless Wizard, so if the Wizard is too stable for you step down to a Warlock.  Also, if you look at Gateway's website you'll see that the Voodoo appears as the most stable putter via flight chart.  The Voodoo isn't as stable as that chart portrays and the Warlock and Wizard have a slightly different flight (more stable) in my experience.

I decided to  go with the warlock ,I already have a ryhno for driving and for really windy days it just seemed like the right one to go with .

thanks for all the info

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968