www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

On May 12th, women disc golfers around the world will compete in a 2 round Global Event. If you are a woman, this is a great time to play your first tournament. If you are a man, encourage your wives and daughters to get out an try an all ladies event.

If you've never been to an all ladies event, they are AWESOME. These ladies and girls know how to have fun. Get out and support them, encourage them, carry a bag, or just watch. I gaurantee as a man, watching and or helping out with an all ladies event will change your mindset on how you approach the game. Simply a blast!

You can link out to signups throught this website. This site is also a great jumping off point for all things Womens DIsc Golf. Val Jenkins has taken great strides to organize it really well.

http://www.discgolf4women.com/index.php/Women-s-Global-Event/women-...

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My 10 and 6 year olds are BOYS, BUT, they are SO ITCHIN' to play a Tourney.... Lol. Hope all the FUTURE of this sport gets out and makes Waves!!!!!

The two guys who put it on are Doug Bjerkaas and Ray Woodruff. It is run through Mile High Disc Golf club and it is something to see. One of the best parts is all the guy caddies pay $25 to have the privilege of carrying a bag that day so the ladies get an unbelievable players pack worth waaaay more than their entry fee and the prizes are unbelievable. I am pretty sure the caddy pool filled before the players pool did, we like it as much as the women do! All the caddys get a great player pack too with tons of great stuff, again, waaaay more than the fee because they pull in so many sponsors. Part of the pack for the guys are matching shirts with caddy printed on them so it has the look and feel of a very professional event. Last year I caddied for one of the Open women and the group behind us was a group of girls that looked to be about 10. They had the biggest crush on one of their 20something caddies, it was hysterical. He was blushing the entire round as they followed him around the course. It is such a great tournament because all those women who want to play but are nervous about being embarrassed or worried about not being good enough come out, have a fantastic time, and then sign up for future events. It was my daughters first sanctioned event, she promptly joined the PDGA, played more tourneys, and now she hangs out with her Dad and big brother most weekends in the summer. Win win!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968