www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am curious on what I need to do or accomplish to reach my goal of going to worlds in 2015. Any help would be amazing!!!

Views: 192

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Schedule a week off from work. 

Play a lot of (sanctioned) tournaments in 2014.

Well, the scheduling part is a bit light-hearted, depending on your situation.  But if you work where there are restrictions on off days or how many workers can take off the same time, note that Worlds is in prime vacation season.

Invites to Worlds is based on points gained playing tournaments.  But for most Worlds, it doesn't matter a lot; after the period for the invited players to sign up, they're open on a first-come basis.  Most Worlds have not filled at all.  (This varies a bit depending on which Worlds, Pro or Am, and which division you're playing in.

That's for going to Worlds.  If your aim is to win, or at least do well, that's a much longer answer.

I am planning on playing am in Kalamazoo, Michigan. I assume I have to play sanctioned events. How do points get accumulated?

Playing in sanctioned events,you get points for everyone you beat or tie in your division.  The number of points-per-player-beaten depends on tier, and division.  Here's the chart:

http://www.pdga.com/files/documents/2013-divisions-ratings-points-f...

Thanks David!

On the points thing, you need to play in well attended divisions where you can beat people.  The higher the tier the better because higher tier events have a better multiplier.  Of course, you have to be a PDGA member to get any points at all. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968