www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Did anyone else think that the PDGA's coverage of Worlds was lacking to say the least.  Even the daily video highlights was just a bunch of random shots and showed nothing of the competition.  USDGC and Memorial were covered much better IMO.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you've Topeka-ed
2011 Pro Worlds, Verizon is best with AT&T coming in at a close second for all of the courses. There are a few "outage" spots along the drive to and from, but nothing ridiculous.
Verizon is what PDGA HQ staff uses but not necessarily what the marshals have who might be doing the live scoring.
David Yager is Dean of the Arts for UC Santa Cruz and his email is artsdean@ucsc.edu. If you can pitch the idea to him, I'd bet he'd do it.

Also, the general email for the Teledramatic Arts and Technology department at Cal State Monterey Bay is tat@csumb.edu. They might be up for it.
I just say we throw in a few ringers... I would bet there are more disc golfers who play traditional golf as opposed to traditional golfers who play disc golf.
Boom Boom, you should start a rally to get as many people as you can to email thegolfchannel.com regarding this same issue. Maybe if enough of us rally for it then just maybe, just maybe somthing will come of it. Im sending my email momentarily!
Probably should create a form letter with room to add content, thereby making it more likely to have more people respond.
Judging by the preview on PDGA.com, the Vibram Open should have excellent coverage!! Let's hope that it becomes the new standard by which all other premier events are covered!
The people involved do it free (Dodge+) and have facilities with power and wi-fi access at a fixed, private location each year. It's unreasonable to expect other professionals to do the same and have similar course facilities to cover other events. Not enough people paid when even a modest fee ($10) was charged to provide live coverage for the last USDGC and Memorial.
Easy Chuck, I said lets HOPE it becomes the standard.
i have taken a pretty good exclusive ball golfer out for a game of disc and he caught on pretty quickly ..... right of the bat he threw it about 300' ..... just another one of them natural born athletes ..... compared to me an ol' hack who's just got turned on by discin'

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968