www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I don't understand why name is not on the invite list. I went to two Worlds Comps. but didn't go last year. I plan to go this year, but didn't see my name on the list. This kinda worries me now!! I read that you only needed 25pts to be qualified to go. I got 45 or so, and still nothing, I have beaten several people with ease that have gotten invites, I don't understand this! Can anyone explain this to me? Does this mean I don't get to go this year?? Doesn't seem fair if that's the case!

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't panic! With enough money, guns and lawyers we can solve this problem.

A World's Invite is an honor more than a necessity. There has never been a Worlds to date which a PDGA member could not attend merely by going through the wait list process.

However, if you deserved to be on the Invite List but were wrongfully denied your just place and suffered irreparable damages, including, but not limited to the intentional infliction of emotional distress then you need a top notch and absurdly expensive Frisbee Lawyer. Anybody know one?
It would be nice to know a lawyer that plays dg. I would like to know if there is one too.
Cassidy Mayne said:
It would be nice to know a lawyer that plays dg. I would like to know if there is one too.

*cough* Mark Ellis *cough*
kinda wondered why mark seemed to know it all
Thank goodness I was wrong. The burden of knowing everything would be too great to bear.

I have heard that the creed of those with an MBA (Masters of Business Administration) is "Often wrong. Never indecisive." Evidently I need another degree to supply the proper excuse.

Mark Stephens said:
The wait list is a thing of the past Mr. Ellis...

There is a date (May 26th) that gives all of the invitees a few months to register ahead of everyone else. After that time, any member in good standing is free to register. Last year there were PLENTY of openings. So, if someone who wants to go, registers on the day that it opens I would be pretty confident to say that they would not have a problem getting in.

There are
I think that there will still be a wait list, it just won't be created until a division fills. If you registered and were the first person over the limit for the division, I don't think you would be told, "Sorry, division is full. Keep trying to register every day in case someone drops out."

Then again, maybe that is what would happen. That's one less one-off for the staff to handle.
funny man!

mark ellis said:
Don't panic! With enough money, guns and lawyers we can solve this problem.

A World's Invite is an honor more than a necessity. There has never been a Worlds to date which a PDGA member could not attend merely by going through the wait list process.

However, if you deserved to be on the Invite List but were wrongfully denied your just place and suffered irreparable damages, including, but not limited to the intentional infliction of emotional distress then you need a top notch and absurdly expensive Frisbee Lawyer. Anybody know one?
Thank you for putting my mind at ease!!! I will be there!!! Yes!! ; )

Mark Stephens said:
No excuse needed. They changed that in the 2008 Worlds and when you have enough points (which I do not and you do) you don't need to bother yourself with such insignificant details.
I actually know and play disc golf with an engineer!!

Cassidy Mayne said:

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968