www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What is the worst color disc you have ever owned? I had a champion beast that was tye dyed in a brown and light orange that was hard as hell to find. I quit throwing it in fall. I waste too much time looking for it! I will post a picture of it here soon.

About 5 years ago, I had a couple of purple discs that I order off of a site.(if i knew that they was going to be purple I wouldnt have got them) But these two discs after awhile became known as camoflage purple! They was the hardest discs to find ever! Me and my friends would look for them and barely found them a couple of time, this was on fairways.. DONT EVER GET PURPLE DISCS!

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The devil made me do it I swear. But yes they are and so are white and black discs. Don't forget about Tye Dye

Gabriel said:
Cryztal Clear.. I have a sparkle Buzzz ghost stamp that I throw.. And everytime it scares the hell outta me. Ice clear discs are for the devil
I stumbled across a black EliteX Storm lying in the middle of the fairway on hole #15 at Standing Rocks a few years back. I thought to myself, "In the middle of the fairway? Really? How do you lose a disc in the middle of the fairway?" I called the number on the back of the disc and informed the guy (Greg, I think?) that I'd located his disc. All he said was "You can keep it.", and then hung up. I wasn't sure why he was so short with me, but now I think I get it. If you ever find a black EliteX Storm with 'Jake M.' written on the back, don't bother calling the number. If you're a glutton for punishment, by all means put it in your bag. If you're smart, you'll leave it right where it is.
mark ellis said:
Jamie,
You are going to purposely dye your putter camouflage! Wow! If you need if more abuse in your life, why not embroider "Please Kick Me" on the back of all your shirts?

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:That would be cool to do a putter up...camo style.
I had asked Olow about doing one...I guess he didn't want the money....Fool!
I'll spend the money with a local guy who's doing the Dye deed.

LMAO!!!

My current putter is black!!! So what's the difference? Now doing up a driver or a mid would be...and actually using it...would be insane....but a putter...nahhhh!! I use my putter...well...as a putter. Hence the term...putter!!
My best discs are white-I didn't dare throw them in the ice bowl in the snow!
Gabriel said:
Cryztal Clear.. I have a sparkle Buzzz ghost stamp that I throw.. And everytime it scares the hell outta me. Ice clear discs are for the devil

I just bought that disc! Thanks for the heads up.
I think white actually shows up quite well in the woods. Of course NEVER throw one in the snow. Who has done it though? Let's see your hands, who has lost a white disc in the snow?

Garrett Graham said:
The devil made me do it I swear. But yes they are and so are white and black discs. Don't forget about Tye Dye

Gabriel said:
I have a disc I just got as a b-day gift from a friend that I'm sure will have problems finding (why I've only thrown it 3 or 4 times on open holes). Is a clear Crush with a med. red and dark yellow/orangish heart beat dye going through just the center of it. I'm excited cause Crush are great for sidearm shots (nice for overhand shots too sssooo flat top). I'm bummed cause it's the only Crush I have right now and I don't want to look for it for half an hour.

I only buy bright yellow, white, pink in drivers. Bright yellow I think is the best cause it stands out basically as much as white in regular season and better then pink. Yet best part is in winter, it still stands out vs. white that would be very bad to throw in snow (unless you love giving your discs to the course, lol).
I have a hard time finding my black quarter ll, so I seldom throw it any more. In the winter I had a hard time finding my ghost buzz.
White in the Winter.
Green in the Summer.
Orange and Yellow in the Fall.
Spring depends on how much snow is still on the ground.

But I do like purple, and anything tie-dyed does not stick with me very long so I try to stay away.
I had a brown odessey floating driver once. I threw it into the lake, saw where it landed, and still lost the disc.
Gabriel said:
Clear is the worst. IMO they are the best looking discs but also the easiest to lose.
Around here, certain colors become hard to find depending on the time of year. In the summer, green discs disappear. In the fall, reds & yellows hide their selves pretty good. In the winter (snow) white & black discs are bad.
I remember I had a turd-brown colored aviar that I had to find by brail (I would step on it while looking for it).
Guilty love my white flx drone too much to put it away in the winter! been thinking about dying one orange!

Brandon Swanson said:
I think white actually shows up quite well in the woods. Of course NEVER throw one in the snow. Who has done it though? Let's see your hands, who has lost a white disc in the snow?

Garrett Graham said:

Gabriel said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968