www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Everyone has a story so lets hear it... Whats the worst disc golf etiquette you can remember? Also, if you said something or have done something to this person because of the etiquette.

Views: 470

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This past weekend during the April Fools Fling tourny at Tombigbee state park in MS. a couple of donkeys wouldn't wait for us to get out of the way ( and no we weren't playing slow we also had to wait on the group in front of us) and twice they throw disc into our group.
I remember playing in an Amateur Master division in Grand Rapids, Michigan many moons ago. The guys in my group were drunk before the start of the morning round. They kept drinking. Heartily. All day.

It would do in injustice to label them LOUD, RAUCOUS, drunks. They were louder than that.

One of the drunks wore a hat which read, "Don't putt while I'm talking." The drunks found this endlessly funny.
I guess it would be my action. about to throw a group of 4 of us watched as some total zipperhead walks right in front of us. We YELLED. We WHISTLED. And he did not once look up from his phone. So in a normal absurd statement I said 2 bucks to the guy that hits him. My buddy stepped up and threw a mellow forehand that if we hadn't yelled even more it would have tagged him. Sorry it was a frustrating day
My story is similar to Wayne.

1. Incident was I was walking away from the basket with my group and a neon green champion boss comes flying right in front of my face (it was that close I knew what the disc was) I was pissed. So I yelled (NOT CLEAR JACKASS!!)

2. Yesterday at veterans park I was playing alone (So not a slow game) And Everytime I would get to my first drive, the 2 morons behind me would tee off. I finally said, hey since you're not going to wait for me, how about you guys go ahead and play through.
I was playing in a tournament . There was an idiot in the foursome in front of our group that took a leak in a bush dead in the middle of the fairway. We had a few choice words for that one ! So stupid ya gotta laugh !
Well you do have a big giant dog dude. teach him how to go snag their disc.
In my very first tournament at Sugar Bottom in Iowa City, my attention was drawn to Hole 18 fairway where a top pro was practically chopping down a tree with his chair while cursing loudly. When I questioned if that was proper behavior, the response from the others in my group was: "That's ok, it's just Jason!"

Another time I was playing a tournament at CP Adams in Hastings, MN. A top pro on a nearby tee throws a shot and starts cussing very loudly, kicking his bag and throwing a complete tempter tantrum. All the other guys in his group are literally rolling on the ground laughing hysterically. The ladies and I issued the player a courtesy warning since it was obvious his group wasn't going to do it. Apparently they figured he was already adding enough strokes to his game.

I will say times have changed since then. Players are much better behaved and more likely to make the courtesy calls these days.
The disrespect by trashing any local dg course;verbal/graffiti,litter,stolen/distruction of baskets,clearing of local trees/obstruction without permission.
Yep, I would have to agree with Ed......while tantrum's do suck, they are temporary. Graffiti, vandalism and circumventing course design by selective cutting/trimming/bending/snapping are by far the worst examples of poor Disc Golf etiquette.
I didn't witness it, but one of our young locals here decided that the best way to get his disc out of a 50ft spruce would be to chop it down. It happened last October and I still get angry every time I walk by the tree or think about it.
Happened, and my buddy finally picked up one of their drives and threw it as hard and far as he could, over a six land road and railroad tracks. The guys face was priceless.
Worst, a middle of the night tree removal by culprit onknown. We moved the basket back another buck-fifty, very few birdies on that hole now, only if you crush your drive and thread the needle.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968