www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Everyone has a story so lets hear it... Whats the worst disc golf etiquette you can remember? Also, if you said something or have done something to this person because of the etiquette.

Views: 488

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was playing In Oswego, Illinois at Eagle Ridge (Civic Center Park) And threw my wasp on a turn over on hole #11. When we got to the area we looked and looked. As about 3 to 5 minutes past and we gave up the search and I was on my way to re-tee. Some guy tees off and the disc lands about 20 feet from me. I walk over and loot at it. It is my Orange wasp we had been looking for. I picked it up and walked away. As I walk away I hear them saying oh, that must have been his disc. Seriously people it has my name Phone #, PDGA #, and Ace #2 with date written on it. Use some common sense!
Most likely they have no clue what disc golf is and they would gladly move if you politely asked them.
come play Morley Field in San Diego...you'll see the worst etiquette you've ever seen and you'll see it every day...
I always ask, that's not the point, I'm saying it shouldn't bother anyone. and there is no way you would inhale enough for it to show up on any kind of drug test ever. That just isn't going to happen. Or for you to feel any effects of it.
So if I don't like the way you smell as a person am I allowed to just ask you to stand somewhere else because of your own personal decision not to bathe? I'm not saying you don't bathe but Just using it as a point. And to stroke someone for courtesy for doing something LEGAL and QUIET is just stupid. The smell of pot lingers for about as long as any scent outdoors. If there is absolutely no wind then it MAY stick around for 10-15 minutes, if there was wind its gone near immediately. Beer smells like shit and if you spill the smell emanates and makes everything near it smell, so because I don't like that does not mean it shouldn't be allowed. Fun and games is why its damn near legal as well, 1 is also the LOWEST class. You would not understand the want to smoke pot because you don't so you would never understand the want for someone to get high on the course. You need to realize YOUR not the only one on the course and deal with it. The only argument is the fact its illegal.
Yea , the deodorant thing . Some choose never to wear it. Atleast try to smell like good pot !!!!!
Or don't! Luckily there are now more options to play in SD County. Great work San Diego Aces Disc Golf Club for installing more courses to enjoy our challenging game. Idiots at Morley are not a challenge anymore!!!
I was trying to remember something “good enough” to make a post on this thread over the course of playing this game for some years. And, I couldn’t find something that could compare until, yesterday, at league play.

The cops were called to the course because 2 teenagers that have been playing for about 3 weeks found themselves holding up the “course pro” and his band of shirtless beer swillin’ comrades. The teenagers were told to move to another hole, which they did, but found themselves once again holding up the “course pro” and his crew. I guess this was too much for the “course pro” and a command decision was made, to inform everyone that he is the “course pro” first of all, the course is closed and he’s calling the cops.

This is a public course and no paperwork has been filed with the city to close the course at least with this club.

Calgon….
Any Course where folks are throwing on you before you finish the hole.
Maybe I am late on this, but to me, the worst thing is being in a tournament, and the group you are with moves to the next hole before you finish it out. I mean, I realize I suck sometimes, but in a SANCTIONED event, wouldn't the courteous thing to do be wait until ALL of your card finishes before you carry on?

Maybe that is is just me though.....
no, im with you thats shitty, but not just in tourneys but any time it happens.
your etiquett is a fault if your slower than 2 players

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968