www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just got back from playing the Golden Gate course in San Franciso. I still can't get this hole out of my head. It's one of the shortest holes on the course. It starts of with a pretty wide open hole that funnels down to some very small opening through a grove of trees. It's a slight dogleg left, but the basket sits behind several trees. So I pull my first shot and it hits the first row of trees and kicks left. No big, I still had a good look at the basket. Nope, wrong again! It hits the smallest tree there! No more than a few inches in diamiter. OK, I still have an open shot at the basket. WRONG! It kicks off a branch that was hanging down and kicks it to the right under some bushes. Now I have NO shot, but I manage to land a few feet from the basket. By this time, I'm a little torqued. So I grab the putter and flip it into the basket, well sort of. I guess I "flicked" it a little to hard. It blows through the chains and kicks out of the basket. As Charlie Brown would say AAARRRGH!!!
So that was my hole from H-E- double tooth picks!
So I could use a good laugh and would like to hear about your hell holes. Now come on. I know I'm not the only one who has had them.

Peace!

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HAHA my entire first game once we started counting OB. We were all just learning and we figured it's time to imcorporate the rest of the rules. What a day that was!
I could show you some tournament scores, for more than just me. Its not called worst holes it was tournaments. Playing on an Island and winds hit 60 mph with a nice breeze of at least a constant 40 mph. Good thing there is a rating system or it would have looked like everyone just had the worst time of their lives. Its fun to watch people unexpectedly throw a disc 600ft the wrong way. There where a few holes that you literally couldnt fly a disc it was just so windy.
If anyone has ever played Buffums in Charlton, ma you may know my pain. Hole #14's "b" position is only 280-is over a little pond then about 25 feet of grass and then 45-55 ft up a steep hill with small pines growing. The pines on the hill are too thick to drive straight to the pin, so you have to lay it up at the bottom of the hill. My drive with a 180g roc lays to rest at the perfect route to get up to the pin, i throw my putter up the hill landing near the basket. The putter somehow stands up and rolls down the hill past me and goes into the pond OB.. from there I throw it back up the hill, it stands up and rolls back to me going again OB,.. it seems unbelievable, but yes this happened again.. 3 times up the hill and 3 times rolling back down into the drink. i finished that hole with at least a 9..
That should make him feel better.
Quadruple circle 14. Not a wooded hole or anything like that. Just a windy day when I threw it OB 4 times because I didn't learn my lesson. I kept trying to cut the corner. After the first OB I should have just thrown the safety and taken my medicine. I was on the last card anyway, so it didn't really matter much.

Rescue, does that make you feel better now?
Hole six at Wailoa River in Hawaii. During a Tier B tourney. It's a short hole that plays over the water and a bridge to an island. 30 MPH wind. First throw, tried to go under the bridge, hit the bridge and dropped into the river. Second throw (third stroke) hits the bridge and caroms to the other side one foot from shore. Third throw (fifth stroke) over the bridge hits the only light pole and drops into the water. Fourth throw (seventh stroke) over the bridge AND THE ISLAND into the water on the other side. Fourth throw upshot past the hole, made the comeback putt for a NINE! The TD was in the group behind me an he shot an ELEVEN! I don't want to mention his name, but his initials are Rob Nasworthy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968