www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Well today was one of those days that made me realize that some things are just plain stupid and have no place in league. Today that thing was 3 holes of worst shot in random doubles. And I'll tell you why...

I was feeling it today and so I was pretty in tune with my shot. I love doubles because you can be aggressive and go for it. Anyway I think that we might have bogeyed the first. We stepped up to hole #2 and my brain is trying to grasp this whole concept of dumbing down my game. I decided to not let that get to me until my second shot on #2. I had thrown a decent shot up the gut, but because of my partner we ended up on top of a plateau to the right which is actually #1s fairway and we were also close to the basket for #18. My partner stepped up and shanked into the trees. I stepped up, threw my Champion Banshee at the proper angle, went straight, banked left down the hill and dead center. Guess what? We are playing worst shot so that was just wasted. There was no point in me hitting that shot and in fact we bogeyed. This is random doubles and I'm being penalized for making a great shot. BS I say.

That is the last time I will play said format. I didn't pick my partner, but I am being penalized by randomly having him as a partner. His bad shot counts more than my good shot. He is a friend and I don't have any problem playing with him in doubles. But why was his shank worth more than my great shot. Doesn't make sense.

I thought about this and there is only one way to correct this problem. First I will say right now that I will not play another round of random doubles when worst shot is involved. It amplifies any inequalities greatly. Last time I had a guy that was so bad we went OB on every hole. I had no reason to even throw. Stop the insanity! The solution is to say that everything in the basket stays in the basket. You never take anything out so a made basket is a made basket and you are still rewarded for good play. The problem that I have with this whole thing is that it was not announced before money was taken. I was expecting regular doubles, nothing funny so that I may be aggressive. That was taken away from me and I had no say in it. I came to play random doubles.

You just can't take that shot away from me. It's mine and I'd like to see anyone do better.

Mad Dog signing out...

Views: 21

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, actually BULLSHIT! Your just pissed when you walk back to hole one playing on your own! For those that frown on a pro for getting pissed or losing it is just because your not at that level of play. When your a professional every shot counts and when you make a mistake your pist even if you don't show it. Just because someone vents about a db's situation doesn't mean he walked around bitching and swearing at everyone during the game. If I vent to this site I expect to have others disagree, but not take it to a personal level. Lets get the tiger thing clear now. You would lick his nikes after he stepped in dog shit to be half the professional. Because he swears due to a poor shot doesn't give anyone the right to judge unless they're tiger! He just showed that he is HUMAN because until he screwed some hoes and had a couple fits during his game he was a GOD in others eyes!
aka wahetver, its hard to makethe point when you keep saying "pist". I am no speeling guru, but you have it right in some sentences and wrong in others??? Might be the 'roids affecting ya. ha. just messing man, take it easy!
And all of the phonies just sound like there talking down with their name calling. Stick to the issues and stop getting personal. Are you really disc golfers or is this a joke? I'm trying to put out a discussion about the worst shot format and its implications. Instead I get "this is one heck of a crybaby rant". Grow up.
Worst shot sucks. We get it. It was for only THREE holes. Get you competitive juices flowing on the other 15 holes. Me, I would have preferred the cardboard cutout cause you are a bitchaholic. You want everyone to confess that they wouldn't care for the format, but I can gar-un-tee that your partner felt like crap with your going off for your feeling irrelevant. Being competitive in disc golf is one thing, being a douche in life is something else all together.
That is awesome lol! Out of all the info you decide to comment on a spelling error. Your a dork! lol.
I really don't care one way or another. I already made my point and thought that the whole forum would probably just slide away like the rest of them, but people just want to keep calling me names (Bitchaholic). Whatever floats your boat. Hey, we made 100. Keep up the good work.
This thing keeps getting more amusing by the minute. I appreciate your honesty. Come on people can't you do any better than rant, whiny, bitchaholic, Jim Coonrant. That's child's play. Focus. Maybe we can make 200 with some more awe inspiring posts.
well, I could have jumped on the fact that you mentioned "playing at the level of a pro" "and not being at that level" but how do you know about that???? hmmmm And really, i was just trying to add some humor to this drag on post! Jim seems to be a good guy! But you dont need to "superhero" him and come to his rescue, or do you "Swing" that way and wanted to impress him...hmmmmmmmmmmm?? bwahahahaaa
sorry man...I wish I had never commented on this today....=)
I love it when a blog gets personal! It goes from opinion to shit talking! Man I miss highschool!
"I'm trying to put out a discussion about the worst shot format and its implications."

No, you aren't. Or at least you weren't when you started. You were whining. Why don't you start a new thread about why Worst Shot sucks and you don't want to play it? I think you'll find that most people don't care.
"You're".

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968