www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey y'all. Dave Engle (I believe) posted awhile back about the benefits of using resistance bands as a training tool for Disc Golf. I jumped on the bandwagon and REALLY started seeing improvements in my distance and smoothness in my throws. I thought it may be coincidence until a bashed my hand 2 weeks ago and didn't play OR use the resistance bands in that time. When I went to play a couple days ago, my distance was degraded once again. I took my Prototype resistance band trainer thingy out and got back on it. Went out to the field today and did 50 reps both arm on the bands before I started throwing. The bands REALLY do something to my throwing muscle groups that gets my arm working SO MUCH BETTER.... This is all my opinion. I have not researched it or anything, but my experience with the bands has got me thinking.

I started looking for a Disc Golf resistance band training tool that lets you replicate a throw WITH RESISTANCE. There have been 2 that I can find on the internet. The SnapBand is no longer made and ran about $30 + shipping. The IsoThrow runs about $40 + shipping. The thing I liked about the IsoThrow was the ability to use ANY disc to do your exercises, BUT, it is also $40 AND one disc will get you the same Motions. I have been using wider rimmed drivers that really give my hand a workout so my grip becomes stronger. Also, I think a BIG reason these things have NOT become more popular is that disc golfers are generally not gonna go out and spend $40 on something like this, IMO. 

Anyway, I think the concept is GREAT and VERY beneficial. So, I have been working on a prototype Disc Golf resistance trainer that is great quality, BUT very inexpensive. I have one built that I have been using for awhile and it is holding up great. I will change a couple little things if I start making them regularly, but I think I have figured out how to make it for fairly well under $20 easy. 

WOULD Y'ALL BE INTERESTED IN TESTING, OR PURCHASING SOMETHING LIKE THIS???? Please give me some feedback. I want to order the correct, higher quality supplies, but I don't want to order bulk if it looks like no one would even be interested in it. PLEASE POST if you have any Questions! Thanks Everyone.

Jeff

Views: 894

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I threw 430 into a headwind saturday
CRIPES. You Brute...... So, does that mean you think that resistance training might be helping? :)
it appears it may be, it is strengthening my grip for sure and making my fingers sore, haha. I think in the long run it is definitely good for technique and random jumps in D.
That's awesome. The day I hit 400ft I am sure I will Pee myself with Joy.

This video really helped me along my way early on........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iff8S0Q-DAY&feature=related

That video is Awesome. I have seen it like 400, 603 times. Muy Bueno.
I mimicked Bratten's throw early on

Got mine! I'm so pumped to try this thing out, will post results.....I'M GONNA BE SOOOOOO BUFF!

:)

Still curious about how the center will bend/wear around he grommet/washers.Read your instruction manual,great idea.

I am SORRY Ed, I thought I had replied to that.... I am Special.

So, the Proto that I made up initially with the grommets though the flight plate did not have the Washer in the middle between the grommet halves. This is the one I have been testing for darn near a couple months now. On MY personal Proto that I have been using, the grommets had started bending after about 3 weeks of pretty much daily use. THIS was the reason I started using the 1/2" Zinc Flat washers between the grommet halves. I used a Pro D Force for my Proto and the disc itself has bulged a tiny bit, but it is NOT stretching. The grommets are bent on my Proto without the washers, but they are NOT moving around. I really think the Flat Washer with the grommet will fix any bending AND keep the flight plate bulging to a minimum. 

If I did not answer your question well, please let me know. I have had some beer tonight....

Thanks for the answer..don't sweat the small stuff,I was just wondering if I had missed your input within the manual;>}..have another beer on me.like your idea.
Although I forgot to bring your device with me Saturday to my tourney, and did not use it for a few days leading up to the event...........I was bombing some big drives and it seems easier and more consistent.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968