www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey y'all. Dave Engle (I believe) posted awhile back about the benefits of using resistance bands as a training tool for Disc Golf. I jumped on the bandwagon and REALLY started seeing improvements in my distance and smoothness in my throws. I thought it may be coincidence until a bashed my hand 2 weeks ago and didn't play OR use the resistance bands in that time. When I went to play a couple days ago, my distance was degraded once again. I took my Prototype resistance band trainer thingy out and got back on it. Went out to the field today and did 50 reps both arm on the bands before I started throwing. The bands REALLY do something to my throwing muscle groups that gets my arm working SO MUCH BETTER.... This is all my opinion. I have not researched it or anything, but my experience with the bands has got me thinking.

I started looking for a Disc Golf resistance band training tool that lets you replicate a throw WITH RESISTANCE. There have been 2 that I can find on the internet. The SnapBand is no longer made and ran about $30 + shipping. The IsoThrow runs about $40 + shipping. The thing I liked about the IsoThrow was the ability to use ANY disc to do your exercises, BUT, it is also $40 AND one disc will get you the same Motions. I have been using wider rimmed drivers that really give my hand a workout so my grip becomes stronger. Also, I think a BIG reason these things have NOT become more popular is that disc golfers are generally not gonna go out and spend $40 on something like this, IMO. 

Anyway, I think the concept is GREAT and VERY beneficial. So, I have been working on a prototype Disc Golf resistance trainer that is great quality, BUT very inexpensive. I have one built that I have been using for awhile and it is holding up great. I will change a couple little things if I start making them regularly, but I think I have figured out how to make it for fairly well under $20 easy. 

WOULD Y'ALL BE INTERESTED IN TESTING, OR PURCHASING SOMETHING LIKE THIS???? Please give me some feedback. I want to order the correct, higher quality supplies, but I don't want to order bulk if it looks like no one would even be interested in it. PLEASE POST if you have any Questions! Thanks Everyone.

Jeff

Views: 842

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad to hear it Corndawg! Thanks for the Update! :)

Have been using it and can relate to corndwag's input, I don't feel stronger, yet it seems "easier" to throw farther with less effort. I don't feel like I am throwing any harder, but the disc goes farther. Not sure if it is it making me stronger, or causing better form, or both, I will be reporting back soon as I plan to go and throw all of the discs in my bag and walk off the distances and then will rinse and repeat in a few weeks, and will report my results...

Terrific! Stoked to hear back some reports! Thanks Guys!

Backhand: I have been grip locking more and more.  Is there a cure for this.  I don't know if its the band or not that is causing me to do this.

Forehand: Oh my god! Played glow last night and was OVER shooting holes that I usually park and parking holes that I normally come up short on. 

I had some serious grip locking issues, which I know had to do with my technique, before I started using the band regularly. I did make a technique change too, but my grip lock problem has happened less and less. But, I am also feeling the the disc Snap out of my hand like I never have before. Seems like the stronger my grip gets, the Less problem I have with it. Weird....

That's Awesome on the Forehands! Keep it up! Let us know what you figure out on the Grip Lock. 

Any updates from my Testers????? Would LOVE to hear some Feedback! Thanks guys!

I am loving mine.  I have gained an average of about 20' on my drives.  The only thing that I am seeing is that the disc is warped like nothing I have seen before, but I don't see this changing the way that I can grip it. My grip locking is no more which is a major plus!  I was able to park a 340' hole the other day.  Before I started to work with this my longest drive was 320' and that didn't happen very often.  I am definitely going to keep using this product!

AWESOME! Thanks for the Feedback Wicked!!!!

I have experienced an average increase in distance of 15-25 feet, doesn't sound like much, but VERY noticable! Have experienced random griplock once in a while, but not extereme, just flipping a disc a little more (backhand) ending up slightly right of where I was aiming, but only once in a while and can probably be attributed to operator error :D Thanks again for a great product, IT WORKS!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968