www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Starting a new league here in a couple of satrdays.  Every saturday at 2:00 pm. 6 week run then final game only for people who participate in 3 or more games.  $3 to enter.  Top 3rd payout in plastic.  I ordered 25 discs today from discraft.  will give out an esp, elite z, elite x, and pro d per day. give or take depending on turnout.  Format will be, alternating, 1 week combined score random draw doubles, 1 week matchplay for points but my scorecard will track individual scores, not just skinz.  I will have top player on each match card payed out and both players on top 3rd winning teams payed out.  Optional ace pot and ctp.  I am tracking personal scores throughout the duration is so that the final game on week 7 will be handicapped, hence the 3 game attendence.  This league is designed to recruit newer player who play DG but not compete because of the very intimidating club that is in place now.  I can pull this off without losing or making any money. If successful i will start a club.  SO far without my fliers that i plan to put at the university i already have about 25 people planning on showing.  I will order more discs as needed.

Tags: club, league

Views: 3

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sounds cool to me
I
thanks, never done this before, seems too good to be true. I did the math several times with several players and variables. I have to have at leaste 11 people show up per week though or I end up with leftover discs from my initial order.
Mark, I based my origonal plan on 12 people but the more people show up, the more money I make BUT, the more money (disc) i pay out. if there is any cahs at all left, it will all go into prizes for the final game. I plan to get shirts and towels and stuff made with the club name.
I would play...if it was in DFW haha. Sounds great.
Leagues typically should be consistant format in my opinion. You will have some people that show up every week, but you have others that happen to show up one week or another, and you'll likely get tired of explaining and re-explaining the different rules and formats.
I ran a winter league here and it was $5/person/week +$1 for ace pool. The course was long so no on ever hit and ace, but there was enough in the "Ace" fund to purchase some plastic to distribute over the 8 week duration of the league. The format was random draw doubles which goes over well with pros, when they get a good partner, and casuals when they're just looking to have fun. It's also easy to score, monitor and post scores every week.
Then again, the same ol same ol gets old to some people - for what it sworth, people will probably come out and play no matter what teh format

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968