www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone know the fool who runs this site??

They only link to the gps coordinates of a course- with no regard as to whether or not that course is private! We've been getting people showing up at our private (and clearly listed as) course saying they found it on this site.

Views: 161

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Whoa......that is not cool.

Thanks for the heads up.   Our private course is also listed with no indication that it is private.

(The site also claims to be a complete listing, but it only shows half the courses in South Carolina).

That is unfortunate, but I'm sure it was not intentional to cause harm. In the meanwhile until you get the problem fixed, I would post the "play rates" on the driveway entering the course. You can set the rate at whatever you want, $100.00 per round, $200.00 per round, etc. Or install a gate.

Not a good solution.  I'm not going to the trouble and expense, and how would it look to legitimate guests?

It gets worse.  I tried to contact the site to remove our course, but the only contact is an email address whose mailbox is full!

Perhaps no harm was intended, but it's hard to see what good was intended, either.  Just a scraping together of courses, with their coordinates linked to google maps.   No additional information at all.  And very incomplete.  Create one of the worst course directories online, just to get a little advertising money?

Hopefully, our experience will be better than Ben's and no one will use that site.

Same thing- cannot email them, no idea who owns the site- and they're missing courses going back 3+ years. You must have a guide and approval to play our course- it's in the backyard. People have been showing up unannounced, possibly even when nobody's home.

Our course has similar rules---a guide the first time or two, thereafter you can play alone but only with advanced arrangements so we know someone's there.  We live there---and hunt there, so it's real important.

We've only had a couple of cases of people showing up unannounced in the past. 

I wouldn't mind this rogue site if they just posted those rules and a link to our website.

We should probably put up a sign that says, "If you don't have reservations, you're trespassing."  That would make the point without offending those who do have reservations.

I'm not sure they have the right to post that information depending on how they got it all from a database- you have to pay for access to the pdga's I believe. It sucks that we private course owners have to go do that at our expense now, but this weekend wasn't the first group to show up unannounced recently. I will continue to try to reach the site owner daily. Other private course owners should be aware.

I'm not sure they have the "right", but when I google our course name I find it in all kinds of listings---both in the disc golf world, and on tourist and state traveler information sites.  Almost always they link to our course website, which is quite clear on arrangements for playing, so i don't sweat it.

Heck, if this site just put "Private - call before coming" and our contact information, or the website link, I wouldn't mind as much.

That's pretty creepy that that info. is so readily available. Guess it's be easier to just go knock on his door- it's only 15 minutes away!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968