www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I threw four **#(@#* discs into N. Lakes today, each of which ended up at least forty feet from shore, which makes want to ask: What's the worst day of disc loss you can remember?

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've never lost a disc in water, but I have lost one before. If you use a disc that floats when you have a shot that might land in the water, you would have a better chance at recovering it (or at least having someone else find it and return it to you).

I did some tests and found out that Quest's NIKE plastic does float, unlike Innova's DX plastic. I would recommend Quest's Double-D, it's available in NIKE... it's also the fastest disc I've ever thrown:

http://www.Hazardiscs.com/doubled.html
6 disc in a tourament in trophy lakes ,sc
let me guess, hole nine, got it a little high on the corner huh?
I put a first run Teerex in there the last time I played in Denton, The water was friggin freezin too, when I got to mid-thigh I said "it's yours", and got back out
LEFT MY GOOD PUTTER ON TOP OF THE 18TH PIN @ VALLEY VIEW IN MILLWAUKEE, WI, while showing my dad a first timer how to play/putt. noticed a day and 300 mile away later, still looking for a replacement 5 years later.
I lost "5" at Lagoon Valley (Vacaville, CA) 3 in the water. Sorry the ponds win at this place! I've heard some people say "It only itches and burns for a little while after you get out" NO LIE!! Then 2 to the frickin weeds!

P.S. I now use a 167g Quarter K(first plastic made) over water, and it floats, but it's because of the disc weight more than any thing.
At Luther Britt Park in Lumberton North Carolina, you play around two lakes with baskets on peninsulas, an island basket and a whole lot of water. One kid at the tournament, lost 12 discs. He came back to the shelter and was red hot mad. I noticed his bag and how empty it was. I felt bad for him.
Some Lakes you can get Lucky and have them returned !!!!
i lost five discs at hobbit park the last two times i've played there.
you nailed it bro. the first one was just like that. Then I tried the any line over the lake and it turned back out. The next two were just anger shots

Nascar Dave said:
let me guess, hole nine, got it a little high on the corner huh?
I put a first run Teerex in there the last time I played in Denton, The water was friggin freezin too, when I got to mid-thigh I said "it's yours", and got back out
i lost 4 discs in 4 holes at riverside park in grand rapids, michigan during the dunkin doubles a couple summers ago.
Yours comes to mind. Get a Odyssey ultra long range driver..then you could have spent a hour watching it slowly bob up and down on its voyage back to shore.
I have seriously about a hundred bucks in plastic (5 Innova stars) in the pond/lake whatever it is at Green Briar community center. Hole 18 has claimed 3, one went to a wild turn over in a head wind and roll into the lake on 8 and the last on 6 long. That lake gets about 10 ft deep on 18's side about 3ft from the shore.... watch out for rusted hooks and glass if you plan on getting in.
Heres a new topic: whats the longest amount of time spent being yelled at by fishermen while diving for your disc?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968