www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Let me start off by saying that I am one of the biggest fans of the Drone. I was jazzed when I heard they were finally coming out in Z plastic. So it pains me to say this. If you haven't bought one yet. Don't waist your money! Stick with the "D" plastic. I bought four. Threw two of them. Tried multiple hyzer angles. Some OK results witha steep hyzer angle, but it would still turn over and I'm talking a mild head wind of 10 to 15mph. I had better results with my Champ Roc. Very dissapointed.
Peace!

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had a demon for a while. Loved it until the first good whack into a tree then it was more flippy than my aviar!
Vacaville CA (Lagoon Valley) Spring and Summer are brutal. You can get wind gusts up to 40 to 50 mph, but for the most part I'd say 20 mph is about the norm that time of year. When it gets that crazy I just go play Golden Gate Park. How about yourself. What be your home course?

Brandon Swanson said:
I just bust out the champ firebird in the instances where you'd use your whippet I'd bet. For long bombs into our semi-strong permanent wind I break out a star or champ excaliber. Where do you play rescue?
Nibs Carter said:
I had a demon for a while. Loved it until the first good whack into a tree then it was more flippy than my aviar!

I had S demons that lasted 2 years before they needed to be replaced.

Also and Xtreme is WAY more overstable than anything else you can get.
Scoot_er said:
Nibs Carter said:

I had S demons that lasted 2 years before they needed to be replaced.

Also and Xtreme is WAY more overstable than anything else you can get.

i second the Xtreme, carry a Z Xtreme. way overstable!
Rescue said:
Vacaville CA (Lagoon Valley) Spring and Summer are brutal. You can get wind gusts up to 40 to 50 mph, but for the most part I'd say 20 mph is about the norm that time of year. When it gets that crazy I just go play Golden Gate Park. How about yourself. What be your home course?

Brandon Swanson said:
I just bust out the champ firebird in the instances where you'd use your whippet I'd bet. For long bombs into our semi-strong permanent wind I break out a star or champ excaliber. Where do you play rescue?

Fond du Lac, WI...our course is pretty wide open and a couple of holes play on a hill where the wind gets really crazy. We had 30 MPH steady winds at our FDL Open last year with higher gusts than that. I saw someone putt at a hole on the hill and the wind got under it and got the disc rolling back down the hill. It went past the tee...a putt. He carded an 8 on that one. Later the same guy...he was a very funny man... turns to me and in a "Blair Witch Project" like voice confessed, "I've never been so afraid to play disc golf in my life!" It was pretty hillarious. I hope this year won't be as windy, but we always have fun at that tourney regardless. People seem to be united in their fight against the wind.
I feel your pain. Our tourny shirt has the basket bending in the wind and the disc is bent up and blowing backwards. Sometimes I enjoy the challenge of the wind other times I just don't want to "think" that hard!

Brandon Swanson said:
Rescue said:

Brandon Swanson said:

Fond du Lac, WI...our course is pretty wide open and a couple of holes play on a hill where the wind gets really crazy. We had 30 MPH steady winds at our FDL Open last year with higher gusts than that. I saw someone putt at a hole on the hill and the wind got under it and got the disc rolling back down the hill. It went past the tee...a putt. He carded an 8 on that one. Later the same guy...he was a very funny man... turns to me and in a "Blair Witch Project" like voice confessed, "I've never been so afraid to play disc golf in my life!" It was pretty hillarious. I hope this year won't be as windy, but we always have fun at that tourney regardless. People seem to be united in their fight against the wind.
No Problem , I'll buy your Z -Drones off you for $ 8.00 each then !!!!!
8 bucks!............Hey are you a car salesman or something! I'm going to keep them. Who know, maybe someday, some one will pay $1,400.00 for them. Like that Roc on e-bay! Hey I can dream can't I.

Late!

Donny Olow said:
No Problem , I'll buy your Z -Drones off you for $ 8.00 each then !!!!!
I'm the same way in my attitude toward the wind. I don't necessarily enjoy playing in wind...I'd rather play on a calm day, BUT I like to pride myself in being a good windy day player.

Rescue said:
I feel your pain. Our tourny shirt has the basket bending in the wind and the disc is bent up and blowing backwards. Sometimes I enjoy the challenge of the wind other times I just don't want to "think" that hard!

Brandon Swanson said:
Rescue said:

Brandon Swanson said:

Been Beating up on my Blue Z Drone now for awile and It's still Overstable !!!!!!
Its still in my bag but I rarely reach for it. I either use the FLX Drone or the Champ Gator depending on the shot.
Still a Fun Disc to Throw !!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968