www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

OK, Soo I was very happy to finally see a Drone in Z plastic. So I take it out on a windy day (10 to 15mph) I put a little hyzer angle on it, toss it, and see it turn over and dive into the ground. So I give it a few more tries with the same results. Did I get a bad Drone (can you say Discraft Tourqe!) Has any one else had this problem?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you torque on any disc or give it Off Axis Torque (OAT) you will turn it over or make it fade hard left, depending on the type of torque given. Then again it could be just a bad disc.
My Z drone is slightly less stable than the FLX one but is still very stable and can handle quite alot of snap and not flip. I did make the comment on an earlier discussion that this disc will do a "S" curve where the FLX is nearly impossible to get an s out of it.
Nibs Carter said:
My Z drone is slightly less stable than the FLX one but is still very stable and can handle quite alot of snap and not flip. I did make the comment on an earlier discussion that this disc will do a "S" curve where the FLX is nearly impossible to get an s out of it.

I agree with that! I will have to throw the one I just got though as I have only tried someone else's.
I used mine this weekend in a 15-20 mph wind on a hole that was roughly 250. In that kind of a wind it flew perfectly straight like a Buzzz.
yeh what nibs said, i have found my z drone to be slightly less stable than the flx one i have, and it definitely has more glide, which i personally prefer, i was actually surprised when i got it and found it to be slightly less stable than my flx one, as it was being described as slightly more stable than the flx ones, but hey correct me if i am wrong but this disc is discrafts most stable midrange, so being over stable and having a hyzer type flight is to be expected, and usefull for certain shots, and for me this is one of the few midranges i can comfortably forehand for those short touch shots.

i have been a drone fan every since i pu my first dx one, i then pu a couple flx ones when they came out, and found the flx plastic to be a bit floppy for my taste, but still better than the dx versions, and i like most drone fans have been waiting and hoping for a z drone, for me i found the z drone to be a better disc than either the dx or flx versions, and it exceeded my expectations with its better glide, and slightly less stable nature.

but hey i think the groove is a no glide over stable brick compared to my boss, and apparently allot of people think its the best thing since sliced bread LOL
I hear ya, but I'm not a power thower by any sort. I guess I was hoping it would be as overstable as my Champ. Whippet, but with more glide.

Colombo117 said:
If you torque on any disc or give it Off Axis Torque (OAT) you will turn it over or make it fade hard left, depending on the type of torque given. Then again it could be just a bad disc.
I'm with you on both the DX and FLX, but my hope was that the Z was going to be more overstable. Oh well, back to attempting to throw a Champ. Whippet!
Thanks for the info!

DC ( DISCFUNCTIONAL CHRIS ) said:
yeh what nibs said, i have found my z drone to be slightly less stable than the flx one i have, and it definitely has more glide, which i personally prefer, i was actually surprised when i got it and found it to be slightly less stable than my flx one, as it was being described as slightly more stable than the flx ones, but hey correct me if i am wrong but this disc is discrafts most stable midrange, so being over stable and having a hyzer type flight is to be expected, and usefull for certain shots, and for me this is one of the few midranges i can comfortably forehand for those short touch shots.

i have been a drone fan every since i pu my first dx one, i then pu a couple flx ones when they came out, and found the flx plastic to be a bit floppy for my taste, but still better than the dx versions, and i like most drone fans have been waiting and hoping for a z drone, for me i found the z drone to be a better disc than either the dx or flx versions, and it exceeded my expectations with its better glide, and slightly less stable nature.

but hey i think the groove is a no glide over stable brick compared to my boss, and apparently allot of people think its the best thing since sliced bread LOL
ive yet to throw mine, ill wait till all the snow leaves so i dont risk loosing it!
Sweet Flight !!!!! Gotta get one of these !!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968