www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Is anybody out there aware of a Zip Line/High Ropes course that coexists with Disc Golf.  If so share your thoughts...Hell, share them even if you don't know of one.

Our City in it's infinite wisdom is working to slap a Zoom Air Zip Line Deal directly on top of us.

Tags: Daytona, Disc, Florida, Golf, Tuscawilla, Zipline, line, ropes, zip

Views: 707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks man...Tomorrow I will look real close at those links...I'm beat right now.

I do want to add...the same company is negotiating with  Tallahassee  and looking at Tom Brown park. Tomorrow, I will send a message to Laymon...if he's not already aware of it.

Thanks for posting that. It does look like that could a be few perm baskets located in close proximity to that zip in Chapel Hill. That other link led to a tournament called the Zip Line Open in GA...I know Kieth...I sent him a message. Again Thanks for helping with the virtual leg work, BFunk

That's good stuff Funky1.... There are a couple of disc golf courses sharing space with Zip Liners. I'm still making calls and hopefully will hear back from Kieth. I talked to an operator at a place in Ohio 'Hocking Peaks adventure Park'. They have 3 holes that play under and in very close proximity to some of the Zips. No real problems to speak of. The occasional disc on a platform. It's common courtesy for both the guides and the golfers to yield to one and other. Guides don't let zippers zip when Discgolfers are throwing...Disc Golfers don't throw when Zippers are Zipping. Encouraging in one way. Our course, if they develop the zip park completely as planned at Tusc, we  will have a lot more interaction with each other. The one thing the person I spoke said...and something I already knew is, make sure they have an arborist sign off on the health and stability of the trees. 

There is a disc course in Conifer Colorado at Beaver Ranch that has zip lines right by the course. It would take a pretty bad throw to have them cross paths. The course has been in a few years and the zips just went in last year so there is not a large body of information available yet. The club up there is Foothill Flyers, not sure if they update their webpage regularly or not? If not, Mile High Disc Golf can get you contact info I believe. Rudy Gorke and Dave Ponotowiaski (or something close to that spelling) are the guys to talk to. 

When you say directly on top of you....how low? I have been on zips that are 250 feet off the ground and I have been on some that are 25 feet up? Huge difference obviously.

We're in coastal central Florida....so the average height will be around 20 feet +/- 
just talked to another guy in the Dakotas...they have 2 holes that play under and around Disc Golf...no real problem there either.  Same courtesy applies.  

Thanks for the tip on who to talk too.

Hey Jamie,

There is one I know of, in Lula Georgia.  Kieth Johnson is a TD up there who knows all about it, from what I gathered. I'll try to get his # for you.  wg

Already got it and talked to him..he was at work and will call me back this afternoon.

What we are up against:

Looks not that high off the ground and eats up space.....

ANYTIME,Always glad to help you Jamie. You always help me and everyone else. It's only fair to return the favor and help when I can.

Norbert, that link is to 'one' of their zip line courses.

Just like disc golf, zip line courses range in height, size, and technicality.

That video is using one of the lowest and more crowded courses you could imagine.

The one they want in Tuska may be like that, but I doubt it.

That one is the smallest one at the zoo, whose primary market is small children. Id imagine the market would be different at Tuska...

Brian,

Don't see it more than 20 feet or more...

they don't want to scare anyone, and the trees move in the wind up higher.

Hope it does not go in myself.... sure there are more options for different locations.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968