www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Is anybody out there aware of a Zip Line/High Ropes course that coexists with Disc Golf.  If so share your thoughts...Hell, share them even if you don't know of one.

Our City in it's infinite wisdom is working to slap a Zoom Air Zip Line Deal directly on top of us.

Tags: Daytona, Disc, Florida, Golf, Tuscawilla, Zipline, line, ropes, zip

Views: 684

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We're in coastal central Florida....so the average height will be around 20 feet +/- 
just talked to another guy in the Dakotas...they have 2 holes that play under and around Disc Golf...no real problem there either.  Same courtesy applies.  

Thanks for the tip on who to talk too.

What we are up against:

Looks not that high off the ground and eats up space.....

Norbert, that link is to 'one' of their zip line courses.

Just like disc golf, zip line courses range in height, size, and technicality.

That video is using one of the lowest and more crowded courses you could imagine.

The one they want in Tuska may be like that, but I doubt it.

That one is the smallest one at the zoo, whose primary market is small children. Id imagine the market would be different at Tuska...

Brian,

Don't see it more than 20 feet or more...

they don't want to scare anyone, and the trees move in the wind up higher.

Hope it does not go in myself.... sure there are more options for different locations.

Thats the same course at the zoo.

Again, aiming for 10-14 year old children

Bet Sarah Palin had to change her underwear after this ride!

Look you can see Russia!

Our trees will only allow so much height. I 'd say 20 foot average as well. Phase one of the project which incorporates the entire north side of the park (18,17,1,2,3,4,16) about 10 acres. Zoom Air rep estimated up to 50 possible elements in phase 1.  

One would need to start design discussions well before the zip line people get their 'course' set.

Being that your trees are going to sustain a 10-20' height the zip course will have more foot bridges and obstacles lower to the ground. These trails through the air sound like they will impact the course causing a course redesign to accommodate this new, DANGEROUS activity. You should look at the reasons why your parks personnel are considering installing it. If installing a zip line means that there is a revenue stream going back to the park then it may be a benefit to offer a switch to pay-to-play disc golf and taking the reason for the zip line away.

Trying to install one over the other is asking for conflict. If its not about the money, why does the zip line need to be in THIS park? If the Zip line needs this park because of its specific trees, etc, maybe there's a better site for the disc golf course. 

Of course it's about the money. Zip line people plan on investing around 500,000.00 into this project...the city...a fraction, if that. To give you an idea of the potential for revenue for the city....now they would not give us exact figures...but the same people have another zip/ropes course about 30 miles from here...it does offer 2 adult and 2 kid oriented courses. That property owner clears 5 figures per month off of it. Our city is frothing at the mouth...with dollar signs in their eyes.  This is why they are pushing it through as fast as possible. The city was supposed to set a meeting with us and the zip people...of course they did not get back to me last week...so I went beyond them...contacted Zoom Air on my own and now have a meeting/disc golf demo set up for this coming Wednesday with the them. I'm hoping he'll allow us to strap him up in the air between two trees while several us chuck 175 gram Champion Bosses at him...in order to give them a complete understanding of the physics of our sport. HA!!!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968