www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Is anybody out there aware of a Zip Line/High Ropes course that coexists with Disc Golf.  If so share your thoughts...Hell, share them even if you don't know of one.

Our City in it's infinite wisdom is working to slap a Zoom Air Zip Line Deal directly on top of us.

Tags: Daytona, Disc, Florida, Golf, Tuscawilla, Zipline, line, ropes, zip

Views: 706

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This company is unfortunately for that point of an argument is on top of their game...eco friendly with an impeccable safety record.   The platforms are designed to allow for normal growth of a tree and they apparently don't harm any trees by attaching cables..ropes and what not.

My brother that lives in Ormond Beach sent me a news clip last night saying the zip lines and rope course had been approved. By a very small margin? It does look like it will bring in money to the city and as long as they respect your course it should be a win-win...I think? He made it sound like the park was pretty big with plenty of room for both activities, but he has no idea what disc golf really is nor a ropes course. His big concern was fire, his expression was "here, pine needles equal fire." He also mentioned you guys had done a good job cleaning up the park, said hookers and crack used to be the norm and now that only happens after dark!

There's still a daylight contingent of scumbags...but not as bad as when we first started in there. In theory the zip line should run them off.

I personally consulted on the Zip line design. Although nobody really  knows exactly how it will effect our course...I'm pretty sure it won't be as bad as some of our locals are thinking. Point and fact, we have another course 3 miles south in a very busy park with a very activity walking trail/sidewalk that circumnavigates the course...in the course of an hour you can encounter as many as 10, 12 or more walkers or bicyclists at ground level. The local players have learned to adapt to that without any major problems to speak of. The Zips and Ropes at Tusc will be 25-30 feet+ above us with no where as many people. Conservative estimates run about 30 people a day. Realistic estimates are about 60 people a day. That's in a 10 hour day. Plus most of non zipping elements (rope obstacles) will be located above tee areas, not in the fairway and direct line of fire. Some actual zip lines will pass along side of some fairways or cross them...but again they will be single cables suspended pretty high above us. The company plans on executing a policy of not letting zippers zip while golf throws are being made...we plan on the same courtesy. Don't throw while someone is on the line.  The Zip lines are fast, so If a person is on a line they will be out of the way in a matter of seconds.

No Pine trees in Tuscawilla. We do have a few Cypress and Cedars...they have similar dried characteristics of pine needles...they will ignite very fast..but so will dried grasses and other dried leaves and fronds.  While threat of wildfire is always a factor in the dry season, it's not a big issue in the Willa.

When he said pines I was a little skeptical? He has lived there forever and I hate to say it but I am a mountain guy, can't imagine living somewhere where the tallest thing is a building. I have never even gone to visit so I wasn't sure. I know they have the Georgia pines at Augusta so I thought maybe?

Sounds to me like the two can coexist just fine with a little common sense. The 10 year lease did seem a bit long?

There is an out written into the contract...if Zoomair fails to meet financial expectations...the city can opt out after 5 years. If Zoomair breaches the contract at anytime...they will have 30 days to correct the issue...if they can't or don't that would be considered a breach and that's also an out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968