www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Ok...so I started this topic to find out what people want to see from GDS in the future. I have had some issues with my mids lately...I took the old Element X out of my bag when I replaced it with the Warrior..I kept my old Element along with the re-tooled Element.

I realized today that my game is suffering because I took the ELX out of the bag...I have missed many shots because I either was too over-stable or under-stable for the shot I needed. I took my ELX out and bang...first few shots...exactly what would have saved me several times in tourneys.

That said...what seems to be the type of discs you believe are missing from the Gateway line-up and would like to see?

Tags: Chris, Coeur, Creve, Dave, Disc, Gateway, George, John, Justin, Louis, More…MO, Missouri, Nikko, STL, Sports, St.

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

the rage in clear evolution with a super flat top pretty sure its the disc of my dreams just waiting to be molded
LOL...I'm not sure Dave is planning on producing the Rage or Blurr anytime soon...the flight plate was odd and it just didn't sell very well IMO.
Look for some new drivers to follow the Apache and Savage....they should be a faster disc with great glide and a lower profile. I also believe there may be a new mid in the works...and possibly a putter...I'm hoping for the old ELX to make a comeback or something close to it.
yah im pretty positive that it will never happen i ve asked about it several times at gateway store and was told that it would probally never be made in clear evo then i found out it was to be discontiued, imo the rage was never marketed towards its best uses which are forehanded drives, long rollers, and in lighter weights the greatest forehand tailwind driver ever which was hard for me to comprehind as i had always used light dx valks as my tailwind disc of choice
Yeah...they were definitely beefy!
I mainly use my putters to approach... Warlocks and Magics.. I carry an Innova Cro for longer overstable shots.

I was hoping that Gateway would make more midranges... I love my warlocks and magics because they are so controllable. I like the Warrior, but its hard for tighter shots. Maybe a small control midrange, less glide but similar stability to the warrior.
Yeah...that was the old Element X until the re-tool to the Warrior. There may still be some around if you can find them online.
:( I just lost my favorite disc (also the first disc I ever dyed). It was a Spirit Evolution HPP at 165, the lightest ive ever seen in that plastic, also an x-out...

anyways, when is the Illusion going to come out in HPP?
whaaaaaaaaaaaat? I've only seen it in Pro-Line, S, and Organic... going to the Gateway store next week so i guess i would find one there, but where else do they have em?

I wanna see them in the translucent evolution...
haha.. im going to go ahead and keep on posting here because i keep thinking of things i want....

hows about a special run of Nikko signature Magics... love me some magics.
The owner of the local disc shop here in Battle Creek let me throw his new Assassin. I almost didn't give it back! The disc I wanted has already been made. It helped me get a par with a long approach shot on hole 1 at Begg park on my first throw with it. It was only the fourth time paring that hole. I had one of the longest drives with it on hole 2, a normal drive on hole 4, great drive on 5, and a normal drive on 6.

The first Gateway driver that really had me excited.
The Assassin is a great disc...I carry 3 in my bag for long turnover shots and uphill. I will be checking out a few new prototypes in a few weeks when I get back to St. Louis and meet with Dave. There should be an equivalent driver soon with more speed and distance.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968