www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What's in your bag??

A little of everything? Gateway, Innova, Discraft?

Have gateway (putter/mid) & Innova (Roc/drivers) in my bag but most people I play with putt with Gateway, throw the buzz, and Innova drivers.

I just can't take the roc out of my bag. I due throw the element for understable midrange shots and now just the roc for straight shots.

Tags: AKA, bag, mixed

Views: 94

Replies to This Discussion

I do the same. I have 2 Gateway Drivers: Inferno and Assassin and the rest of the bag is all Innova.
I bought some E Elements recently and it's flight path is SO close to my favorite Rocs. They don't flip at all. The S Elements flip quickly. I do have some old E and Glow Elements that are less flippy. Guess it depends on the plastic too.

I have been throwing the E Warrior (new mold) and just got a couple of S Warriors to try out. The E Warriors are super overstable and remind me of the Gator (larger diameter Gator) when new. I've been using them where I would use a Gator. I think when they break in this summer they are going to be great. Looking forward to trying the new S Warrior I got last week.

Winter is dragging on here in Colorado ... thus, less DG than I would like.
My bag is 60% GateWay and 40% Quest at. John is right the E Warrior is a really nice disc! you might also look at the Quest back bone. they redid the old mold made it a little flatter on top and that is now a great disc as well.
It's still early in the season for Colorado disc golf ... we're getting snow right now.

Here's my mixed bag lineup so far:

Voodoo S: jump putts, straight-turnover putter
Wizards S/E: push putt, overstable putter
Elements S/E: straight-turnover midrange
Warriors S/E: overstable midrange

Assassins: Fairway to long driver, turnover driver
Wraith/Beast/new Gateway proto "apex?": Long range driver

I'll be adding a Sabre, R-Pro Boss, and Groove soon.
Our local course is still set up short for winter play ... once it goes long I'll be adding a few discs to the list.
I'm finding the new E Warriors are so overstable I don't need to carry a Gator/Demon type mold yet.

This is the second time I've tried a mixed bag of Gateway and Innova discs. I'm finding the latest putter/midrange discs from Gateway are far better than they were the first time around. I hear people tell me after i throw them "looks like you have a lot of confidence in that disc" ... I think that says it all.

I'm not set on throwing one manufacturers disc, I'm not sponsored. I have complete and excellent bags of Discraft, Innova and I'm working on Gateway. I don't have access to a disc golf store here in CO ... so it makes it difficult to "test" Gateway drivers. I have a lot of confidence throwing Innova drivers, and similar confidence in Discraft drivers ... but then, I've spent too much money over the years buying, trying and then selling what I don't like.

I've tested the newest Gateway long distance driver (the Apex?), and I like it. Dave said they ran one with, one without, a small bead and changed the nose a bit. I'll be looking for a few of these to test. I found it to be very similar to the Wraith/Beast, and those are my current long distance drivers.
I mostly use Quest (70%) but the rest is Gateway. I have a Pro-Line Blaze, Sure Grip Element, Sure Grip Warrior, SSS Magic, Sure Grip Illusion, and Pro-Line Illusion. The Warrior and Sure-Grip Illusion (used as a roller) are my favorites, I use those ones all the time.
John McMullen said:
It's still early in the season for Colorado disc golf ... we're getting snow right now.

Here's my mixed bag lineup so far:

Voodoo S: jump putts, straight-turnover putter
Wizards S/E: push putt, overstable putter
Elements S/E: straight-turnover midrange
Warriors S/E: overstable midrange

Assassins: Fairway to long driver, turnover driver
Wraith/Beast/new Gateway proto "apex?": Long range driver

I'll be adding a Sabre, R-Pro Boss, and Groove soon.
Our local course is still set up short for winter play ... once it goes long I'll be adding a few discs to the list.
I'm finding the new E Warriors are so overstable I don't need to carry a Gator/Demon type mold yet.

This is the second time I've tried a mixed bag of Gateway and Innova discs. I'm finding the latest putter/midrange discs from Gateway are far better than they were the first time around. I hear people tell me after i throw them "looks like you have a lot of confidence in that disc" ... I think that says it all.

I'm not set on throwing one manufacturers disc, I'm not sponsored. I have complete and excellent bags of Discraft, Innova and I'm working on Gateway. I don't have access to a disc golf store here in CO ... so it makes it difficult to "test" Gateway drivers. I have a lot of confidence throwing Innova drivers, and similar confidence in Discraft drivers ... but then, I've spent too much money over the years buying, trying and then selling what I don't like.

I've tested the newest Gateway long distance driver (the Apex?), and I like it. Dave said they ran one with, one without, a small bead and changed the nose a bit. I'll be looking for a few of these to test. I found it to be very similar to the Wraith/Beast, and those are my current long distance drivers.

Adding the E Saber I got FOR SURE. Love this disc.
I got some R-Pro Boss 150-162g. I never thought I would be saying this, but the very light R-Pro Boss are the BOMB. I can throw them with 100% [my power level] and they are amazing. Still trying out several different weights and will give them some break in time before I decide what weight is best.
Grooves ... still haven't figured out how this might fit in my bag. Even at very light weights [mid 160's] the Champion Groove is overstable. I think it's a matter of break in time for me and getting used to the disc. I'll give it some time.
The disc formerly known as the "Apex" is going to be called the "Apache" or a more overstable version with a small bead will be the "Savage" [according to David Mc]. I've been throwing the new Apache and it's a very good disc for me. I plan to get a couple of the regular production runs when they are available.

Yesterday I spent a good deal of time in the park throwing the Sure Grip Warrior. This is a great disc ... and I'm a Roc lover! I think this is my new favorite midrange disc in the making. Can't wait until they break in a little more ... I can see this replacing some of my favorite Rocs.
I also carry a mixed bag. The only Gateway disc I have in there right now is the Assassin, but I'm looking at a few others that I'll pick up soon. As of right now I carry:

Drivers:
Innova-Max
X Caliber
T Rex
Monster
Champ Destroyer
Star Destroyer
Champ Boss
Star Boss
Groove
Beast
Monarch
Valk
TeeBird
Leopard
Starfire
Firebird
Millinium
QJLS
Gateway
Assassin
Discraft
Stratus
Midrange:
Innova
Spider
Cro
Gator
Discraft
Buzz
Putter/Approach:
Discraft
Challenger
Z Magnet
Millinium
Omega Super Soft
I throw mostly Innova, but I'm not brand loyal at all. I'll throw whatever works for me.
Mark Stephens said:
Ummm.... How big is that bag?????????

Too big ... mucho crossover.
He must have a Revolution bag??
The real question is how heavy is that bag & where does he put the beer??

In my bag
Drivers
2 Assassin (one new / beat)
1 Blurr
1 Spirit
1 Pro Destroyer
1 Champ Destroyer
1 Champ Firebird

Fairway Drivers
1 CE Blaze
1 CE Sabre
1 Camp Roc

Putters
1 SS Magic
1 SSS Warlock (newer back up putter)
1 SS Warlock
1 SSS Warlock (main putter) - ace disc - second throw 3/13/09 Hole #13

Have 2 back ups in the side pockets but those change all the time.
gateway = 2 rages, 4 wizards, 1 warrior, 1 element, 1 raging inferno dt (quest disc with gateway stamp?) 1 illusion

innova = 3 destroyers, 2 eagles, 1 eagle l , 2 lepoards, 1 max, 1 pig, 1 cobra

discraft = 1 wasp

bag = gateway ozark backpack
All Gateway...Spirit, Illusion, 2x Diablo DT, 2x Apache, Blurr, Raging Inferno, Blaze, Sabre, 3x Assassin, Demon, Warrior, Element X, 2x Element old & re-tool, Wizard, 2x Voodoo, Warlock, and Magic.
You are definately not going to find a mixed bag selection in Kenny or Barry or Val or Avery's bag, you are not going to find a mixed bag selection in Nate or Eric McCabe's bag either and you are certainly not going to find a mixed bag selection in my bag.

My Bag
1 spirit
2 illusions
2 apaches
2 blazes
2 sabres
1 element
1 warrior
1 demon
4 wizards

I am currently at 89 pro wins about 80 of them with all Gateway discs and I am proud of that fact and take pride in throwing all Gateway. I know for a fact that if you throw any disc and get used to it...IT WILL WORK!

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968