www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Star Destroyers are obviously magnificent discs, capable of the unforeseen. About a month ago I hesitantly purchased my first Star Destroyer. Since that time I've come to acquire a greater appreciation for what I've long stayed away from, Innova's higher end discs. Sidearm shots have been my main focus since laying my hands on the Destroyer, netting me two aces in the past three days and sending my sidearm capabilities through the roof. Still, I feel as though there is more distance to be squeezed out of the 169 gram wonder.
The first ace was a 250' or so shot with no trees, sidearm and done. The second was more like 325-350. My friend Mark had just asked me how to throw a sidearm shot, I repeated the motion several times saying, "just flick it like this". Then I stepped into the throw and released it. Snaking between two large spruce trees-about 60' tall- bending just past a huge cottonwood, barely flying under the overhanging branches out of sight and then WHAM!! Don't think I'll be topping that one anytime soon.
This was only part of a day where I went 6 under on a six hole course; 10 under on 18 holes-a new personal best; twenty five under on 54 holes; all bogey free while finding one disc that was un-named. Does it get any better? What's your story?

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

bought a destroyer, big star stamp, took it home, next evening went out to play and threw it a couple times. Then it started to get dark so it was getting time to wrap up for the night. I flicked on hole 7 at O.T.Sloan in sanford, it was too dark to see the basket. I saw the discs going into the ground, then my buddy turned to me and had a funny expression on his face. I said what? and he said, "you suck". I was like "no way". So I started to run up the fairway, trying not to trip on roots hidden in the darkness and there she sat, one lime green 175 star destroyer with the proto star facing me, hung in the chains. Hell yes!!!!!! Loved that disc.
That's all skill, man!! Nice one.

Tino "SilverBack" Medina said:
bought a destroyer, big star stamp, took it home, next evening went out to play and threw it a couple times. Then it started to get dark so it was getting time to wrap up for the night. I flicked on hole 7 at O.T.Sloan in sanford, it was too dark to see the basket. I saw the discs going into the ground, then my buddy turned to me and had a funny expression on his face. I said what? and he said, "you suck". I was like "no way". So I started to run up the fairway, trying not to trip on roots hidden in the darkness and there she sat, one lime green 175 star destroyer with the proto star facing me, hung in the chains. Hell yes!!!!!! Loved that disc.
I too have a169g Star Destroyer. I'm glad I bought the disc as well. No aces with the disc yet but it's a rocket. I'm still amazed in to how fast it can get to 400 ft. It took me a bit of time getting used to and breaking it in. Give me an open, big spike hyzer, head wind, or crazy dogleg over 300 ft and that's the disc I'm grabbing. Great disc. Nice job with the aces.. that's gotta be awesome.
Love mine with a snappy sidearm throw. I am still to have this disc flip on me, even in the wind it seems like there is a remote control in my hand guiding the disc where I intend it to go. Oh, and by the way I throw mostly Discraft, so for this disc to impress me as much as it has says a lot.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968