www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just came back from clearing the pads at O'hauser. 1 & 11 were really bad. The others were not too bad. Snow is very hard and crusty. Icey in some areas. You may want to wear spikes/cletes if you have them. There are areas of fresh powder drifts. Not too bad though.

Enjoy
Jay

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

Feb 13 Kaukauna
All pads are snow covered.
I played the front 9 at O'Hauser this weekend. I was surprised to the see that the tees were not cleared. It seems like a bunch of people were out playing and the thought of the tees not be cleared didn't even cross my mind.

Then we got to holes 10 and 11 and they hadn't been touched at all. That's when I decided to wimp out of my round with Daddy J and Terlap because that snow was deep and it was all fresh.

I'm glad i left then because I wanted to play 24 at Dretzka on Saturday. I did just that and every tee was clear and there was about 2 feet less of snow to walk through.

Where is all of this global warming they keep promising?
Mertins and I shoveled the front 9 the previous Saturday. A day or two later we received 4-6" of new snow. I do the majority of the shoveling but it has been shoveled by others. It's rare but it does happen. Since I went to the Snow Throw Massacre on Saturday it didn't get done. 10 is usually not that bad (average) but 1 and 11 will drift over without getting a flake of snow. I'm sorry your disc golfing experience here wasn't up to par but with the long hard winter my enthusiasim to shovel the pads every couple of days is gone.
Hey there Jay,

I commend your efforts with the snow shoveling. Heck, I know it shouldn't squarely fall on any one person's shoulders to begin with. I have shoveled Dretzka 2 of the 4 times I've played there. Luckily for me, I almost never play casually therefore I'm never in the running for shoveling:)

The 'course conditions' don't reflect negatively on you what so ever - I was just pointing out that I'm surprised they weren't taken care of. Had I known that I would have brought a shovel myself.

On a different note, you coming to Manitowoc this weekend?
Feb. 29 O'hauser
Pads are snow covered and packed down. I didn't even want to attempt to shovel them. Too much work for one or two people. We're going to have to rely on Mother Nature to clear the pads. 38 degrees and rain forecasted for Sunday. That might do it.
March 15 - O'hauser

Long pads have been cleared or atleast their condition has been improved. Mother nature can do the rest.
Where are O'Hauser's pins going to be on the 28th? I see some of Telulah's have been moved.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968