www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I was just wondering what some peoples opinions were on this. I am of the opinion that when you are on a tear on the course nothing can go wrong. Shots seem so simple. All you need are drives and putts. Most of the top pros I have talked to about hot rounds agree that you just feel out of body sometimes. It feels so easy when it's happening. Why can it be so hard to repeat?

Andrew Rich
Team Innova
Roots Roc Reggae
Pure Disc Golf

Views: 5

Replies to This Discussion

My personal opinion is that if you are not 1000 rated and you are shooting 10 down, 44, based on a 54 par round. Either it is a fluke, you are playing out of body. The course you are playing is too easy (wide open), with no risk. Here in Michigan most of our courses are very challenging, technical and or long. If you are Shooting a 44 here you are about to be sponsored. However, I have seen a lot of pics on this site and other places, from courses in other states that are in thinner air higher elevation better weather, that are long but wide open basically placement shots. When I played out in Colorado at my friends, it was crazy when I was throwing a Wasp like 450 with deadly results. Then I came back to Michigan, back to reality throwing a Wasp maybe 300-350. I think that some courses just lend themselves to incredible scores. I guarentee if you aren't 1000 rated and you can shoot 10 down fairly regularly, you need to find a more challenging course.
Or he needs to get noticed and on Tour......................
I've shot fourteen under three times, but only once in league play. I think it is, like Andrew said, when you get in the groove it is because everything is going right, but I think also it's a mental thing, for me, because I seem to play worse under pressure, but I play better when the people I'm playing with are better players.
___Tab

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968