www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What do you guys do to practice putting?

I've seen the Mark Ellis putting confidence program, and I've been practicing using the Perfect Putt 360 scorecard off of flyingdiscmagazine.com.

What else can I do besides just hucking discs at the basket?

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

You already have a double handful of putters right? Did you see what Calico Jack said in the "interesting things to do with your basket" discussion? I marked putting spots every five feet starting at 10 feet out to 35'. I play a game with myself going forward or back depending on a majority of hits or misses. When I use 5 discs, I always am moving closer or farther. I start at ten feet and if I can get 3 in at 35' I am the champ! - rarely! Sometimes I use 6 discs and stay the same for 3 in - you get the idea.
hey now,I've been putting with opposite throwing hand,practice is starting to pay off.I throw only three discs,two putters then usually a driver or mid range.If a new disc is purchased I'll add that and drop one of the others.Likewise putt from fifteen to thirty foot range,restart when you miss.I'll start from 5 feet away and then work back to thirty.Throw opposite hand after fifteen min of practice.Try closing one eye or wear a patch to cover,different perspective.Challenging to say the least.Working on a sidearm putt is very challenging,especilly with your opposite hand.
Ace Race Practice:throw with just one disc,walk off footage distance,turn and throw.Time yourself for 5min only,work up to the fifteen min mark.
30 foot distance;throw only rollers for CTP-harder then it sounds.Putt from where your disc rolls farthest.
Putt for the dough: establish amount of money you pay yourself for hitting your putt.Sort of a saving program to buy that new disc.Start low,10-25 cents per putt hit,subtact amount of misses.You will have some negative days of collecting within that fifteen-30 min practice day.Increase amount upon accomplishing your goal.
I practice my forward stance for about 5-15 mins then from farther away the side step jump putt. Then when I am am just F*King around we play horse or try to skip discs in to the basket. H.O.R.S.E. is a good way to practice with some "sudo" pressure to make the shot.
hey, i cant find the 360 scorecard. ive looked all over, can someone email it to me at jwieschowski@hotmail.com? much love.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968